Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
Project Essentials / dataBase detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread  I  Real Estate Thread
L Tower
2 The Esplanade, Toronto
Developer: Cityzen Development Group, Fernbrook Homes, Castlepoint Numa

Login to
post and
upload photos
Page 185 of 408 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235285 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 6118

Thread: L Tower + Sony Centre (Castlepoint Numa/Fernbrook/Cityzen, 58s, Libeskind/P+S)

1. Default

Fyi...what you identify as "window-wall" on the west facade at L-Tower is actually being installed using a curtain-wall type installation method. This looks to be a sort of hybrid system. Cool stuff.

Uh, no, it isn't. You can clearly see that they've blueskinned the edge of slab, and that the frames are sitting on top of the slab, with the top of the frame being anchored into that angle. It looks nothing like a curtainwall installation

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Uh, no, it isn't. You can clearly see that they've blueskinned the edge of slab, and that the frames are sitting on top of the slab, with the top of the frame being anchored into that angle. It looks nothing like a curtainwall installation
    I think they would blueskin the slab in either case, AVB is still necessary.

4. Default

Go to the cityzen blog or cityzen facebook...windows are sitting in a track installed on slab edges. They have interior shots...it really looks something like a "hybrid installation/system".

Your tone isn't appreciated mr/ms know-it-all.

5. Default

Looks like they are up to floor 24. From this angle it looks like the tower could topple over because of the corner cut out.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...owerfeb10.jpg/

the cladding looks a lot better from far away, ^ thank god.

7. Default

you guys are funny. how much better does it look from a distance?

Quote Originally Posted by steveve View Post
    the cladding looks a lot better from far away, ^ thank god.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc008 View Post
    Go to the cityzen blog or cityzen facebook...windows are sitting in a track installed on slab edges. They have interior shots...it really looks something like a "hybrid installation/system".

Your tone isn't appreciated mr/ms know-it-all.
    You'll have to forgive me. I guess it was presumptuous of me to think that my 15 years experience installing curtainwall might have given me some insight into the matter.

9. Default

You'll have to forgive me. I guess it was presumptuous of me to think that my 15 years experience installing curtainwall might have given me some insight into the matter.
    lol you're not the only one with construction experience around here........

Default Snowstorm

11. Default

That curve is really starting to look nice.
    Thoughts?

L tower late last night.

this is OT but to those who care:
    l tower on the skyline:

more photos here: http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showthr...y-model/page15

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by steveve View Post
    this is OT but to those who care:
    l tower on the skyline
    Nice! It's really going to make an impact!

thats awesome steveve! wonder what your model will look like with 88 scott and 70 temperance a few months down the road
    keep up the good work
    Images are not to be reprinted, reposted or used for any purposes whatsoever outside of the Urban Toronto forum without my express consent. Contact me via the following:

Website - Flickr Photostream - Twitter