Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
Project Essentials / dataBase – detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread  I  Real Estate Thread
L Tower
2 The Esplanade, Toronto
Developer: Cityzen Development Group, Fernbrook Homes, Castlepoint Numa

Login to
post and
upload photos
Page 173 of 410 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 6140

Thread: L Tower + Sony Centre (Castlepoint Numa/Fernbrook/Cityzen, 58s, Libeskind/P+S)

1. Default

If the shifting of the weather wall upward is any indication, the floor completion cycle time appears to be shortening by a couple of days. Looks like they are around 10-12 day cycle now.
    "Inside every older person is a younger person
    wondering what the hell happened."

Quote Originally Posted by Miscreant View Post
    The condo just behind it--the Backstage?--it's an odd place to build. I look forward to seeing how it shapes up.
    I thought so too at first, though I'm looking forward to the finished result at street level... it will enclose that western end of the Esplanade very nicely and give the neighbourhood a "finished" feel.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dcc008 View Post
    The cladding matches all of the renderings of the building, so really what youre saying is you don't like the building. Don't get it people...
    yes, this. I don't get people either. hopefully it will look wonderful, just like the drawing.

4. Default

Are they still working on the podium at all? The rendering shows a ROM like crystal at the base, but currently there is only the first angled part. Are they ending it just like that? I think it would be quite a shame to lose another architecturally interesting component, what with the loss of the boot already.

5. Default

Another one from my cellphone

Last edited by caltrane74; 2011-Dec-13 at 11:40.
    Learn Here about the Tallest Towers Under Construction in TorontoThe Toronto Skyscraper Blog!

It certainly does seem to be speeding up. I would think that cladding can't be too far off now.

Thanks for the pics Caltrane!

Quote Originally Posted by Gphorce View Post
    Are they still working on the podium at all? The rendering shows a ROM like crystal at the base, but currently there is only the first angled part. Are they ending it just like that? I think it would be quite a shame to lose another architecturally interesting component, what with the loss of the boot already.
    Good point, Gphorce. I noticed the same thing. I am also wondering where the other angled part is, where there is supposed to be a green wall, as shown in the revised renderings.

8. Default

caltrane74 ,

Amazing cellphone pictures!

9. Default

lol! thanks.
    Learn Here about the Tallest Towers Under Construction in TorontoThe Toronto Skyscraper Blog!

10. Default

"A Gift From Harry" right in front of 1KW...funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Gphorce View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    Good point, Gphorce. I noticed the same thing. I am also wondering where the other angled part is, where there is supposed to be a green wall, as shown in the revised renderings.

Comparing the render with what they have built so far it looks to me as if we will still see some intersecting crystal. The openings on top and on north side seem to indicate where the "crystal" will intersect with the "green" part. To confirm I went to the Sales office and asked if their model (which looks the same as the render) is still correct. What they told me is that the construction will not be exactly the same but "similar", the reason being that they need some extra space for the Sony Centre restaurant with patio they want to build there. We will have to wait and see.

Plaza or Restaurant? ... that's the question.

By the way I also asked about the side panels they had planned to put around the Sony Centre stage building. I was told that this also is going to look different. The reason being a possible impact it would have on the acoustics of the Sony Centre.

L-Tower model still with elaborate side panels encapsulating the Sony Centre stage building.
    Last edited by udo; 2011-Dec-14 at 22:46.

12. Default

How would panels effect the acoustics in the Sony Centre? Sounds like a b.s. excuse.

Thanks for the great pics caltrane74

I am so impressed with the way this L-Tower is being constructed. Not many non-commercial buildings are built this solid. My dad was a mason and would have done it the same way. Built to last. Tons of reinforced concrete. No toothpick walls here

The guys building this take pride in their work. They were here yesterday and will be here tomorrow. No fly-by-night operation.

Not one, not two, but three reputable developers and world renowned architect designer Daniel Libeskind, all have their reputations on the line.

It's the City of Toronto that cancelled the Arts Lab (the original Boot design) and then the recession hit. I am not worried about the final touches. I doubt it will be left in any appearance less than brilliant.

I can't wait. But will enjoy watching it go up.

I don't worry but I'm always a little concerned when highly anticipated projects like this are at this stage. Reputations be damned, look how the ROM Crystal turned out (Libeskind), a much more high profile project than L Tower.
    “Our roads are not here for automobiles. Our roads are here for people to get around.” - Michael Bloomberg, Mayor of New York City - July 10, 2012

Original photographic images posted on this forum by dt_toronto_geek are not for publication, display or dissemination of any kind except on the Urban Toronto discussion board, altered or otherwise, without expressed written permission from the owner.

15. Default

To be fair, the "problem" with the ROM exterior isn't cheap exterior materials (considering they went to Josef Gartner in Germany) but the inconsistencies in the appearance of such.

AoD
    Last edited by AlvinofDiaspar; 2011-Dec-15 at 09:50.