News   Apr 19, 2024
 2.8K     1 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1K     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.6K     3 

Riverside Towns (was Leslieville Lofts, Hyde Pk/Lamb Dev, 140-162 Broadview, 3s, ?)COMPLETE

The new shantytown of flimsily built, fake Victorian houses near there is ghastly. I far preferred the old factory that stood there - especially at night when it was functional, belching smoke and eerily lit - back in the mid-1970's

Even in the early nineties, Toronto had so many interesting factories. And about the faux-Victorians, do they have any exterior walls covered with siding? It's an ugly yet common cost saving technique.

In the 80s, I guess such sided walls would have been paradoxically excused as "post-modern honesty" (i.e. honest about the brick fronts being false fronts)

lezlievk7.jpg

Not bad, but that wraparound brick balcony on the second level (just above the ground floor) makes it feel squat. If they simply cut that out, and had an unbroken glass curtain (plus balconies) for five floors, it would look pretty stunning.

Is this streetcar?

I don't know ... streetcar loves stucco and alunimum siding

Brad Lamb is a sales agent and not a developer. His organization is selling the project.

Lamb has his own development company called Lamb Development Corp.

AFAIK, Work Lofts is the first sole project by this firm which so far has been partnering with other developers including Leslieville in more of a financial than a developmental role.

Back