Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
Project Essentials / dataBase – detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread  I  Real Estate Thread
Aura at College Park
388 Yonge Street, Toronto
Developer: Canderel

Login to
post and
upload photos
Page 320 of 701 FirstFirst ... 220270310318319320321322330370420 ... LastLast
Results 4,786 to 4,800 of 10505

Thread: Aura: Residences of College Park III (Canderel, 78s, G+C)

1. Default

By me

Learn Here about the Tallest Towers Under Construction in TorontoThe Toronto Skyscraper Blog!

2. Default

I am dismayed by those silver horizontal stripes all over the podium. They remind me of the "decorative" stripes they used to apply to the sides of sporty cars in the 1970s. This 1970 Oldsmobile, for example.

3. Default

What a stretch of the imagination!
    Last edited by interchange42; 2012-Mar-12 at 02:54. Reason: deleted reposted image

Blog Entries

Not that I agree or disagree but:

When walking by this, more often then not I hear complaints from others (talking with friends or what not) along the lines of:
    1) Its just too big.
    2) Doesn't belong on Yonge.
    3) Too much glass.

Generally they fall into one of those three categories ... I'm sure the majority have no idea it will be a 70+ story building, so they're in store for even more in regards to 1) above.
    If I had a penny for every time someone asked me why I was looking up…

Interesting. That helps to support my argument that people like the low rise/mid rise human scaled nature of Yonge Street as it progresses north. Personally, I'm all good with highrises on downtown Yonge including Aura, so long as we don't lose any heritage/heritage worthy buildings. It's north of College/Carlton that concerns me.
    Last edited by dt_toronto_geek; 2012-Mar-10 at 18:00.
    “Our roads are not here for automobiles. Our roads are here for people to get around.” - Michael Bloomberg, Mayor of New York City - July 10, 2012

Original photographic images posted on this forum by dt_toronto_geek are not for publication, display or dissemination of any kind except on the Urban Toronto discussion board, altered or otherwise, without expressed written permission from the owner.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dt_toronto_geek View Post
    Interesting. That helps to support my argument that people like the low rise/mid rise human scaled nature of Yonge Street as it progresses north. Personally, I'm all good with highrise on downtown Yonge including Aura, so long as we don't lose any heritage/heritage worthy buildings. It's north of College/Carlton that concerns me.
    Just spotted this blog entry, which seems to agree with the general sentiment above:
    http://thetorontoblog.com/2012/03/07...-aura-ascends/

Lots of great pictures as well. The blog in general has a lot of good pictures ! hmm, if whomever runs it is on UT as well

Quote Originally Posted by taal View Post
    Lots of great pictures as well. The blog in general has a lot of good pictures ! hmm, if whomever runs it is on UT as well
    Wow. I've been looking through that blog, it is definitely worth bookmarking.

I'd love to design them a new logo, because the content is very good

Briefly O/T, BlogTo and Torontoist are great for all-things-Toronto too.
    “Our roads are not here for automobiles. Our roads are here for people to get around.” - Michael Bloomberg, Mayor of New York City - July 10, 2012

Original photographic images posted on this forum by dt_toronto_geek are not for publication, display or dissemination of any kind except on the Urban Toronto discussion board, altered or otherwise, without expressed written permission from the owner.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dt_toronto_geek View Post
    Briefly O/T, BlogTo and Torontoist are great for all-things-Toronto too.
    You don't think blogTo / gridTo are good anymore ?

11. Default

By me

Learn Here about the Tallest Towers Under Construction in TorontoThe Toronto Skyscraper Blog!

You don't think blogTo / gridTo are good anymore ?
    I mentioned blogTo, but missed The Grid (I'm connected via Facebook), Spacing & Toronto Life.

13. Default

We get it. 78 towering storeys of banality. Yaaaay

Not that I agree or disagree but:

When walking by this, more often then not I hear complaints from others (talking with friends or what not) along the lines of:
    1) Its just too big.
    2) Doesn't belong on Yonge.
    3) Too much glass.

Generally they fall into one of those three categories ... I'm sure the majority have no idea it will be a 70+ story building, so they're in store for even more in regards to 1) above.
    It's worth noting that people are far more likely to become vocal if they're bothered by something than if they're fine with it. For every 1 person complaining, how many aren't... 10, 100, 1000? This isn't really an accurate way to gauge public sentiment. People with negative sentiments always make far more noise than people who have no issue with something.
    Last edited by isaidso; 2012-Mar-11 at 08:48.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the latest picture, Caltrane 74. Remember, the objective for you is to post at least 1 picture a day.

That should keep you young and active