Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
Project Essentials / dataBase detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread  I  Real Estate Thread
Aura at College Park
388 Yonge Street, Toronto
Developer: Canderel

Login to
post and
upload photos
Page 362 of 711 FirstFirst ... 262312352360361362363364372412462 ... LastLast
Results 5,416 to 5,430 of 10657

Thread: Aura: Residences of College Park III (Canderel, 78s, G+C)

What's with the glass colours being dark green and reflected purple on the podium?

2. Default

So those white granite(?) stripes on the podium are not as horrid as I had pictured. The white matches the underside of the balconies and have the same spacing. Attention to detail or luck?

3. Default

saw that.. finally. yay.

i wonder how tall it is to the top of the webcam image ^ 150 m?

6. Default

54 more floors??

Learn Here about the Tallest Towers Under Construction in TorontoThe Toronto Skyscraper Blog!

7. Default

I was on the fence in my opinion of this building up to this point, based on the renders. But if you compare what's been built so far to the renders, it looks like this could turn out to be the most spectacularly ugly building the city has ever seen. The people who championed this thing should be really nervous. But it'll probably still light up beautifully at night ... too bad for this thing that night isn't 24 hrs/day.

Quote Originally Posted by flonicky View Post
    this could turn out to be the most spectacularly ugly building the city has ever seen.
    A bit harsh don't you think? Look at the above photo. I can see an uglier building right away.
    Images are not to be reprinted, reposted or used for any purposes whatsoever outside of the Urban Toronto forum without my express consent. Contact me via the following:

Website - Flickr Photostream - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by flonicky View Post
    it looks like this could turn out to be the most spectacularly ugly building the city has ever seen.
    Every single building in that pic above your comment is 100 times uglier that AURA.

The building is just toooooo busy!!!!!

11. Default

Of course it looks busy, its not done yet! The busyness comes from all the uncompleted glazing, it will look much more cohesive when finished. I'm still on the fence about this one.

Of course it's difficult to judge a building until it's complete, but so far Aura has stayed remarkably true to the rendering, even down to the window wall, spandrel and precast. This is exactly what we're getting here, and personally I'm quite satisfied with it. Not a stunner, but certainly not ugly.

http://urbantoronto.ca/database/proj...a-college-park
    Last edited by Ramako; 2012-Jun-04 at 12:11.

Once the pure curtainwall section up higher gets going this will look 100x better than the big plad sides it looks like now.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Architect View Post
    Once the pure curtainwall section up higher gets going this will look 100x better than the big plad sides it looks like now.
    I hope you're right. I pass by this site approximately every other day, and lately I'm getting a bit nervous about the plaid effect. What the heck, I'll try to stay open minded, maybe a nod to our plaid past is not a bad thing. Oh, my bad, my bad!

I must be the only one that's really enjoying this plaid effect. It's far more interesting to stare at than a totally featureless expanse of glass. Give me texture.