Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
Project Essentials / dataBase – detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread  I  Real Estate Thread
Aura at College Park
388 Yonge Street, Toronto
Developer: Canderel

Login to
post and
upload photos
Page 319 of 719 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319320321329369419 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,785 of 10773

Thread: Aura: Residences of College Park III (Canderel, 78s, G+C)

There are a lot of crappy shops along Younge. I'd like to see an upgrade. If it's going to be our "times square" we should have better retail. Something similar to St. Catherines street in Montreal. But I don't think Younge will ever look that good.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKingEast View Post
    There are a lot of crappy shops along Younge. I'd like to see an upgrade. If it's going to be our "times square" we should have better retail. Something similar to St. Catherines street in Montreal. But I don't think Younge will ever look that good.
    I thought "younge" was just an innocent typo until i saw it twice. shame!
    Images are not to be reprinted, reposted or used for any purposes whatsoever outside of the Urban Toronto forum without my express consent. Contact me via the following:

Website - Flickr Photostream - Twitter

3. Default

^^Times Square is actually ground zero for crappy retail, though it has a couple standouts. I agree that for Yonge at least up to College it would be great to see improved retail spaces. No need for it to be high end, but improved spaces (Bed Bath and Beyond is not high end, but it requires good retail space). Below Dundas the retail space is a bit higher quality, and north of College (although really it is north of Wellesley) the small, independent retail and restaurants are a bit more established. Would love to see more flagship stores along Yonge, like Aura brings.

Quote Originally Posted by someMidTowner View Post
    I thought "younge" was just an innocent typo until i saw it twice. shame!
    Yea, I always make the mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimace View Post
    ^^Times Square is actually ground zero for crappy retail, though it has a couple standouts. I agree that for Yonge at least up to College it would be great to see improved retail spaces. No need for it to be high end, but improved spaces (Bed Bath and Beyond is not high end, but it requires good retail space). Below Dundas the retail space is a bit higher quality, and north of College (although really it is north of Wellesley) the small, independent retail and restaurants are a bit more established. Would love to see more flagship stores along Yonge, like Aura brings.
    As crappy as it may be, it's still far better than what we have now.

IMO, the Times Square area was so much more interesting and fun until Giuliani Disneyfied it.
    “Our roads are not here for automobiles. Our roads are here for people to get around.” - Michael Bloomberg, Mayor of New York City - July 10, 2012

Original photographic images posted on this forum by dt_toronto_geek are not for publication, display or dissemination of any kind except on the Urban Toronto discussion board, altered or otherwise, without expressed written permission from the owner.

7. Default

Yea, I always make the mistake.
    Don't worry... you're only Yonge once! :-)
    Mistrust those who don't like cats.

8. Default

Well retail wise, everything on St. Catherines can be found in the Eaton Centre except for Simons. And the Eaton Centre still has other good stores you can't find anywhere in Montreal. And St. Catherines is not exactly a shining example of streetscape. It's pretty darn ugly. St. Denis is a much better example.
    But yes, Yonge needs a really good scrub from Dundas to College.

What are the chances the retail part of Aura will be opened this summer?

From what I was told, the builder has some kind of contractual obligation to have the retail area ready for occupancy by October 2012.

10. Default

Looks like a portion of the podium has topped out:

Learn Here about the Tallest Towers Under Construction in TorontoThe Toronto Skyscraper Blog!

wow.. awesome ^^^ this means, the tower tower part is officially underway

12. Default

Now the floors will start to fly up!
    Mistrust those who don't like cats.

13. Default

By me

Learn Here about the Tallest Towers Under Construction in TorontoThe Toronto Skyscraper Blog!

Blog Entries

Thanks for the pictures, Caltrane74. Please keep them coming, whenever you can.

15. Default

Though the panels appear a little small, I actually like this cladding. It may not be on par with Four Seasons/Shangri La/Ritz/etc., but it's still nice in its own right Glad this monster won't be an eyesore, that's for sure...