Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
Project Essentials / dataBase detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread  I  Real Estate Thread
Aura at College Park
388 Yonge Street, Toronto
Developer: Canderel

Login to
post and
upload photos
Page 317 of 711 FirstFirst ... 217267307315316317318319327367417 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,755 of 10657

Thread: Aura: Residences of College Park III (Canderel, 78s, G+C)

Quote Originally Posted by urbandreamer View Post
    Some of us are visual thinkers. Others, perhaps yourself?, like to write an essay on the topic.
    Thanks for the non-answer. I take this to mean that you are incapable defending your position in a written form (or just simply defending your position, period). I'm quite sure that "visual thinking" is mere reference to your own opinion as it happens only in your own head.

It's like investing in the stock market. Some people love to analyze, read about and write about a stock before they feel comfortable buying it. Otoh, just like with architecture/renderings, I "read" the chart and know within seconds if it's good or not.
    Actually no, it's about you making a claim of objective knowledge, a claim that you are admittedly incapable of expressing.

Different styles of "stating opinions" is what you'll have to learn to accept.
    No one here can see your supposed "visual thinking." Since the basis of this forum is the written word, that fact might have occurred to you. Obviously not.

Are you left or right brained? That is an important consideration.
    What, now you're claiming to be a brain expert in the absence of your ability to defend your position?

You are left brained.

Explains everything to this right-brained dimwit.

And why should I take the time out of my day to write an essay? You wanna pay me for it?
    Last edited by urbandreamer; 2012-Mar-02 at 17:14.

I'll second ud's comments. It does lack regard for most of the commonly accepted aesthetic principles I can think of. Now, if you want to deny the validity of such a thing as aesthetics then, well, there's not really much of a conversation that can be had, is there? You like what you like, I like what I like, and then we change the topic because our positions are irreconcilable?

I think the best that might be said for it is that it's unapologetically utilitarian. Though even that is debatable since it's too fussy for that. I don't know. I guess it's a step forward for the area, and it'll bring lots of new residents and business to the strip. That's about all that can be said for it, based on what's there for so far.

4. Default

Some of us are visual thinkers. Others, perhaps yourself?, like to write an essay on the topic.

It's like investing in the stock market. Some people love to analyze, read about and write about a stock before they feel comfortable buying it. Otoh, just like with architecture/renderings, I "read" the chart and know within seconds if it's good or not.

Different styles of "stating opinions" is what you'll have to learn to accept.

Are you left or right brained? That is an important consideration.
    Even for those people who love to analyze, read about and write about stock before they feel comfortable buying it, the percentage of them being right is no more than 50/50. So you "read" the chart and know within seconds if it's good or not, doesn't mean a damn thing..

I accept different style of stating opinions, but i think you are too absolute and too immature at this moment to make such a strong statement, give it sometime, and most importantly, give yourself sometime to digest and at least wait until the building is more than half way done, before you make any rash opinion. A lot of us loves what we see at this moment, including me, but who knows, i might hate how it looks when it finishes building.

and as for the left/right brain thing.. just drop it..

Nope. Not gonna drop it. I hate this building and always will hate it. Like a stock, I know within seconds whether a building is good or not based on a render & the architect. If you know anything about T/A, you'd realize you're wrong about the 50/50 thing. More like 90/10.

You are left brained.

Explains everything to this right-brained dimwit.
    In short, you can't explain yourself.

And why should I take the time out of my day to write an essay? You wanna pay me for it?
    As the medium is written, you could attempt a written response. That's obviously too hard for you. As for paying for your response, given the record you have left here, it'd be a huge waste of my money.

7. Default

Nope. Not gonna drop it. I hate this building and always will hate it. Like a stock, I know within seconds whether a building is good or not based on a render & the architect. If you know anything about T/A, you'd realize you're wrong about the 50/50 thing. More like 90/10.
    if it is more like 90/10. then there are no losers for all those people who buy stocks based on T/A. They would have all been millionaire. Is that true though??

not gonna argue with you hating this building.. it's yours opinion.. and so be it. just remember, it is an opinion.. doesn't mean you are RIGHT. if you THINK you are right, you are naive and stubborn

Enough of this. Let's move on please.

If we could, let's end further reliance on the cliche term "box" to criticize a building. Many buildings must continue to have four sides and a top. This is because, as with boxes, they contain things.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by interchange42 View Post
    Enough of this. Let's move on please.

Yes please. Get a room!
    Mistrust those who don't like cats.

11. Default

kA1 - cellphone shot for you man

Learn Here about the Tallest Towers Under Construction in TorontoThe Toronto Skyscraper Blog!

I was thinking the other day: if only the jewelry shop on the north east corner could be bludgeoned into non-existence, we could get a nice intersection going. Not to mention maybe getting something built on top of the older (and very attractive) building on the south west corner.

Wait: I take back the comment about a building on the south west corner. That'd cramp Aura's style.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Miscreant View Post
    I was thinking the other day: if only the jewelry shop on the north east corner could be bludgeoned into non-existence, we could get a nice intersection going. Not to mention maybe getting something built on top of the older (and very attractive) building on the south west corner.

Wait: I take back the comment about a building on the south west corner. That'd cramp Aura's style.
    I read some time ago that the building on the S.W corner was going to have a multi-storied condo incorporated. That, if & when it happens, will certainly limit the view for some Aura residents.
    Mistrust those who don't like cats.

4 March 2012: The blight fits here in the skyline: