Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
Project Essentials / dataBase detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread
Highway 407 Station
7241 Jane St, Vaughan
Developer: Toronto Transit Commission
Page 163 of 255 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 3821

Thread: Spadina Subway Extension (TTC, U/C)

I think the destination sign could just say VAUGHAN.
    W. K. Lis

Near where the boundaries of North York, York, and Toronto meet

Quote Originally Posted by andrewpmk View Post
    Not to mention that there is a Vaughan Road at St. Clair West.
    That Vaughan Road goes near the intersection of Dufferin and Eglinton as well!

If Vaughan Metropolitan Centre station is completed, then Toronto bus route 90 Vaughan should be renamed Toronto bus route 90 Vaughan Road to prevent confusion.

why should the bus name be changed? They had it first. Who in Toronto is going to get confused and even think that bus would go up to Vaughan. The bus is for local service.

I am waiting for them to actually show the correct representation of the stops instead of making it seem the stops are west of Bathurst near Spadina when they are east of Bathurst and closer to Dufferin. And then I have seen maps shows the extension stops and they look like all the stops are east of Keele St.

Some new photos of the construction near Sheppard West (Downsview Park?) station on the Downsview Park website.

And the project itself has a new website: http://www3.ttc.ca/Spadina/index.jsp

6. Default

Nice, nfitz! Pretty cool pics if I say so myself.

The new website comes with construction update maps: http://www3.ttc.ca/Spadina/Plan_your...Maps/index.jsp

Unfortunately, the progresses are as of January/February 2012, and given that the machines bore 15m per day on average, the boring machines made more progress than shown on the maps. The maps are updated once every one or two months.
    Last edited by Johnny Au; 2012-Mar-08 at 23:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Au View Post
    That Vaughan Road goes near the intersection of Dufferin and Eglinton as well!

If Vaughan Metropolitan Centre station is completed, then Toronto bus route 90 Vaughan should be renamed Toronto bus route 90 Vaughan Road to prevent confusion.
    I doubt there will be confusion between the Vaughn bus, and a subway station name.
    By this logic, the Eglinton, Dufferin, and countless other bus routes should be re-named.

Unless you're being sarcastic..

9. Default

Has the TTC confirmed the renaming (or un-renaming) of Downsview back to Sheppard West and future Sheppard West to Downsview Park?

10. Default

Yeah, those names were approved back in November. There as still quibbling about the two York Region stops which is why they got held until this month, finally. The November report is here.

Quote Originally Posted by Coruscanti Cognoscente View Post
    Has the TTC confirmed the renaming (or un-renaming) of Downsview back to Sheppard West and future Sheppard West to Downsview Park?
    Should they not make this change as soon as possible to give people time to get used to the new name. It would be even more confusing if on the same day the "Sheppard West" and "Downsview" station names suddenly appear.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ O'Pootertoot View Post
    Yeah, those names were approved back in November. There as still quibbling about the two York Region stops which is why they got held until this month, finally. The November report is here.
    No they didn't approve them back in November. The report went to the commission, but it didn't approve the recommendations. What they did, from the minutes is send it back to Staff for a follow-up report, and recommended that Steeles West be instead "Steeles-Black Creek Pioneer Village" or "Black Creek Pioneer Village" and that Finch West and Sheppard West be reconsidered..

We are still waiting for the report back to TTC for the proposed names.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin10000 View Post
    I doubt there will be confusion between the Vaughn bus, and a subway station name.
    By this logic, the Eglinton, Dufferin, and countless other bus routes should be re-named.

Unless you're being sarcastic..
    Of course I am being sarcastic here.

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    No they didn't approve them back in November. The report went to the commission, but it didn't approve the recommendations. What they did, from the minutes is send it back to Staff for a follow-up report, and recommended that Steeles West be instead "Steeles-Black Creek Pioneer Village" or "Black Creek Pioneer Village" and that Finch West and Sheppard West be reconsidered..

We are still waiting for the report back to TTC for the proposed names.
    Ugh. Just call it Steeles West please.

Quote Originally Posted by Coruscanti Cognoscente View Post
    Ugh. Just call it Steeles West please.
    Couldn't agree more. That other name is a mile long!