Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
Project Essentials / dataBase detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread  I  Real Estate Thread
Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto
325 Bay St., Toronto
Developer: Talon International Development

Login to
post and
upload photos
Page 517 of 687 FirstFirst ... 17417467507515516517518519527567617 ... LastLast
Results 7,741 to 7,755 of 10301

Thread: Trump Tower Toronto (Talon, 57s, Zeidler)

1. Default

But that is exactly what the comparisons are....people saying the CBD "looks like New York" in certain pictures....or people talking about the 'Manhattanization' of the Entertainment District, which implies that this area is "developing like New York"...

2. Default

"people saying the CBD 'looks like New York..." - So?

"The Manhattanization of the Entertainment District..." - If you refer to the posts above you'll see that I and others think this is fine as long as it doesn't devolve to "the Entertainment District will never be/look as cool as Manhattan."

Again I reiterate, if the comparisons are kept neutral or positive: Who cares if they're meaningless? What's distracting what from what?

3. Default

Whatever...its annoying...

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by steveve View Post
    well this isn't "Toronto living" that's for sure,
    As the city with apparently the second-most high-rises in the world, this slice of Toronto living won't be an exception to the rule, however opulent it may be.

This IS Toronto living now. So there is no need to compare it to other cities.

^ nicely said.

7. Default

Ignore whatever your problems are that are too simple to even try to solve.... Sure it gets annoying but just dont comment and he'll get the point.... If the majority honestly hated it then they would all try to ignore it
    From London, Canada and the U.S.A - Nicki Minaj

Coincidentally I have two friends visiting from the UK at the moment, and they both said Toronto "looks a lot like Manhattan". It's human nature to compare things. I wouldn't get too hung up on it, as long as Toronto continues to persue its own indentity.

Anyways, I got some great photos of Trump from their hotel room in the Sheraton Centre. Will upload ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by wmedia View Post
    Coincidentally I have two friends visiting from the UK at the moment, and they both said Toronto "looks a lot like Manhattan". It's human nature to compare things. I wouldn't get too hung up on it, as long as Toronto continues to persue its own indentity.

Anyways, I got some great photos of Trump from their hotel room in the Sheraton Centre. Will upload ASAP.
    I have friends and relatives who always tell me how much Toronto reminds them of this or that part of New York, every time they visit me, so it's not just Torontonians doing it. I've also heard a lot of celebs saying the same thing. It's not like we'll ever escape the comparisons, so if they annoy people, well, too bad for you. Toronto reminds a lot of people of NYC and it's just natural to make that comparison.

When I was walking around the Jewish part of Queens, I couldn't believe how much it reminded me of the Jewish parts of North York. I thought I was walking up Bathurst Street. Some parts of both cities make very good comparisons.
    Last edited by Torontovibe; 2011-Nov-02 at 12:51.

Not the best light, but this vantage point from the south-facing 32nd floor of the Sheraton is amazing.

Off to the side a bit, great views of some of the older scrapers on Richmond and Adelaide.

FCP looking good in the mix.

Last edited by interchange42; 2011-Nov-02 at 22:55. Reason: merged

With all this talk of the quarter onion dome and spire I've only just noticed that the light strip up the northwest corner is almost near the top of the building. Have they been lighting it up to test it? Anyone catch any pics?
    Last edited by Xray_Crystal_Junkie; 2011-Nov-02 at 14:35.

Nice shots wmedia. Which one's New York? Just having some fun... took the New York photo while staying at the Millenium Hotel.

To me, Toronto is Toronto and NYC is NYC.

haha! Excellent! I'm glad to be living in a continent that has two such great cities!

No fair, the water towers are sort of a give-away!

15. Default

I just don't know if I'm ever going to be able to get my head around the aqua-marine colour, or the messiness of the facade.

I mean...I'll take it. But it just isn't a winner.