Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
Project Essentials / dataBase – detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread  I  Real Estate Thread
Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto
325 Bay St., Toronto
Developer: Talon International Development
Page 500 of 683 FirstFirst ... 400450490498499500501502510550600 ... LastLast
Results 7,486 to 7,500 of 10238

Thread: Trump Tower Toronto (Talon, 57s, Zeidler)

1. Default

5:05pm

2. Default

5:15 pm - last pic from my POV. I have to head out now.

3. Default

I'd be curious to see existing examples of spires "lit from within"... can't think of any but no doubt there are plenty in China and elsewhere. Unique in North America perhaps? Probably not.
    I'm off to my aA meeting but they haven't helped much so far (recovery seems out of reach when you are boxed in).

4. Default

Those concrete boxes on the roof seem to detract from the elegance of the spire. I was also hoping the spire would have bolder, too. We'll see how it ends up looking when it's finished, though.

5. Default

would anyone mind explaining what is being observed in the photos throughout the afternoon? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hihihi View Post
    would anyone mind explaining what is being observed in the photos throughout the afternoon? Thanks
    The stiffleg derrick crane is dismantling the tower crane. First, it removes the counterweight. Then it removes the jib, which is the front part of the crane, and is where the trolley & hook are. Finally it removes the counterjib, which is the back part and is where the counterweight sits.
    Last edited by wopchop; 2011-Sep-27 at 21:20.

How is the remaining work on the spire to be done? Will someone be climbing up there to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by androiduk View Post
    How is the remaining work on the spire to be done? Will someone be climbing up there to do it.
    The permanent work platform that will be used for servicing the spire in the future, will be used to perform the work on it. It's basically a wrap-around stage that goes up and down the spire.

How much longer til the spire is illuminated? will it be soon or are they just going to continue floor by floor til they reach the top?
    Images are not to be reprinted, reposted or used for any purposes whatsoever outside of the Urban Toronto forum without my express consent. Contact me via the following:

Website - Flickr Photostream - Twitter

Crane removal is pretty cool and something few get to see. I was really hoping someone would have captured and done a time-lapse type clip, but no such luck, I guess.

This will have to do (from Toronto's own Bell Lightbox):

And this is what not to do with a crane:

And for kicks, what not to do on a crane:
    Last edited by Marko; 2011-Sep-27 at 21:50.

National Post asks if Trump will be connected to the PATH: Manager not sold on PATH to Toronto’s Trump hotel

The Trump tower did rough in a connection to the PATH, Mickael Damelincourt, general manager of the Trump Hotel Toronto, told me Monday. But today a wall blocks PATH users from entering the Trump. Mr. Damelincourt said he is not sure whether he will open the PATH connection to the Trump.

“If my guests arrive via the PATH they will take the elevator straight up to their room and we will never see them,” he notes. In the Trump vision of luxury, the guests enter the hotel and a hotel employee greets each guest by name before they go upstairs. Mr. Damelincourt does not wish to threaten this personal touch.

Quote Originally Posted by someMidTowner View Post
    How much longer til the spire is illuminated? will it be soon or are they just going to continue floor by floor til they reach the top?
    They have to continue stacking floor-by-floor until it is topped out.

You cannot stack from the top down.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by canmark View Post
    National Post asks if Trump will be connected to the PATH: Manager not sold on PATH to Toronto’s Trump hotel
    Is this even an option? Are buildings connected to the PATH under some sort of legal obligation to provide access? Or can, say, Brookfield or FCP one day decide, you know, on second thought, we're closing the tunnels and you'll have to come in from the street as we want more foot traffic on that level. What's the governance structure of PATH? Is there one?

14. Default

From the City PATH Master Plan website:

City assumes responsibility for signage, maps and identity markers (Individual property owners control the physical PATH segments)
    http://www.toronto.ca/planning/pdf/s...interviews.pdf (p. 6)

AoD

Quote Originally Posted by fiendishlibrarian View Post
    Is this even an option? Are buildings connected to the PATH under some sort of legal obligation to provide access? Or can, say, Brookfield or FCP one day decide, you know, on second thought, we're closing the tunnels and you'll have to come in from the street as we want more foot traffic on that level. What's the governance structure of PATH? Is there one?
    Also, perhaps there's an issue of tresspass where private concerns are linked to PATH - you can access 1 King West from PATH and take the elevator up one floor and find yourself on the "private" residential side of the lobby, and you can stroll from PATH into the National Club, walk up the stairs and find yourself in the inner sanctum of that august private club. So I'm told.