Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
Project Essentials / dataBase detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread  I  Real Estate Thread
Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto
325 Bay St., Toronto
Developer: Talon International Development

Login to
post and
upload photos
Page 440 of 687 FirstFirst ... 340390430438439440441442450490540 ... LastLast
Results 6,586 to 6,600 of 10301

Thread: Trump Tower Toronto (Talon, 57s, Zeidler)

Quote Originally Posted by dt_toronto_geek View Post
    Working on the top of Trump today from my POV

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

quick question. I've always noticed that pre-concrete exposed rebar columns/pieces are always crooked/tilted and not completely straight like regular columns. When the forms are put around them and concrete filled, do they somehow bend them to become straight? it's hard to explain what i mean.

Quote Originally Posted by steveve View Post
    quick question. I've always noticed that pre-concrete exposed rebar columns/pieces are always crooked/tilted and not completely straight like regular columns. When the forms are put around them and concrete filled, do they somehow bend them to become straight? it's hard to explain what i mean.
    I imagine it is sort of like putting a straw in a cup and then fitting the lid on after. You have to feed the straw through the hole and then the straw stands up straight.

Keep in mind, that with re-bar the top parts have to stick out of the mold, so that there is something to tie the next level of re-bar to. So using the straw analogy, the re-bar is all crooked until the slip-form for the column is put over it, then the re-bar is held in it's proper place by a "lid" or jig while the concrete is poured.

I'm sure wopchop can explain it better.

This morning from yonge street

"If you can keep your head about you when all about you are losing theirs, its just possible you haven't grasped the situation." - Rose Kennedy
    "X" is a mathematical symbol expressing "unknown". Spert is a drip of fluid under pressure. Therefore, an Expert is an "Unknown drip under pressure".

The East side of Trump is looking better and better with every floor..

5. Default

July 8 NW Corner:

Quote Originally Posted by Traynor View Post
    I imagine it is sort of like putting a straw in a cup and then fitting the lid on after. You have to feed the straw through the hole and then the straw stands up straight.
    that actually is a great comparison!

and yeah, i wish that the setback on the east wall (the one that ends the granite) was lower down in the tower, because the upper portion (glass) looks short lived compared to it.... I guess cause the original plan called for a taller tower, and the setback level never changed...

EDIT:
    I can't emphasize enough how amazingly well Trump fits on the skyline. Look how perfect it is!!!

Robsimages at flickr

Robsimages at flickr
    Last edited by steveve; 2011-Jul-08 at 17:06.

7. Default my appologies

thanks steve if this is your photo. I love this side of toronto.. for me this is the more "gothic" like angle and makes all the buildings look Larger. also this is how id see it comming into toronto from Go train or DVP.. love it! Thanks but only looks good like this at night! day time brings out those ugly appartment buildings in the forground.
    Last edited by ptbotrmpfn; 2011-Jul-08 at 18:31. Reason: mist a point

Quote Originally Posted by ptbotrmpfn View Post
    thanks steve if this is your photo. I love this side of toronto.. for me this is the more "gothic" like angle and makes all the buildings look Larger. also this is how id see it comming into toronto from Go train or DVP.. love it! Thanks but only looks good like this at night! day time brings out those ugly appartment buildings in the forground.
    It's not my photo, (i'm not that good), and yeah, toronto never looked better, though our skyline "looks" good, it's all an illusion, it's a skyline made of only a few "main" buildings (CBD core), and only few areas are that insanely super dense. (the whole thing dies north of queen in the City Hall area)

9. Default

It's not my photo, (i'm not that good), and yeah, toronto never looked better, though our skyline "looks" good, it's all an illusion, it's a skyline made of only a few "main" buildings (CBD core), and only few areas are that insanely super dense. (the whole thing dies north of queen in the City Hall area)
    If you want an illusory picture of a skyline, look at any picture of Mississauga City Centre, e.g. from the airport.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Coruscanti Cognoscente View Post
    If you want an illusory picture of a skyline, look at any picture of Mississauga City Centre, e.g. from the airport.
    omg ive been trying to find a picture of that .... can you please find one and post it.... please!!!!

11. Default

Trump being so close to topping off for the life of me I just can't figure out how it will be 'taller' than Scotia. That 'spire' thingy will have to be VERY tall!

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by packers67 View Post
    Trump being so close to topping off for the life of me I just can't figure out how it will be 'taller' than Scotia. That 'spire' thingy will have to be VERY tall!
    See Commerce Court in the image below, just picture the antenna thats on top of it as being on top of Trump.
    Commerce Court roof; 784ft antenna; 942ft
    Trump roof; 776ft spire; 909ft

13. Default

Yesterday, driving along the Gardiner from the east, I noticed an amazing illusion. Bay Adelaide appeared to be under construction. The top 10 or so floors were nothing but concrete. It was simply trump tower's reflection off Bay Adelaide. It looked pretty damn cool, and I wish I had a camera at that moment.

14. Default

I hear Trump penthouse might have real grass on its roof....they won't cut it, only comb it over...

Looking South on Bay St.

The lighting strip should be visible from this perspective once its up.

Pic taken July 9, 2011

Last edited by Red Mars; 2011-Jul-10 at 14:37.