Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
Project Essentials / dataBase detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread  I  Real Estate Thread
Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto
325 Bay St., Toronto
Developer: Talon International Development

Login to
post and
upload photos
Page 526 of 687 FirstFirst ... 26426476516524525526527528536576626 ... LastLast
Results 7,876 to 7,890 of 10301

Thread: Trump Tower Toronto (Talon, 57s, Zeidler)

  1. #7876

    Default Singapore's Trump looking building in gold (Pls note: Not actually a Trump Building)

    Name:  1043.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  93.9 KBName:  918.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  90.4 KBName:  959.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  85.7 KBName:  923.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  92.0 KBName:  1040.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  86.3 KB


  2. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tewder View Post
    Trump is flawed and clumsy but lots of things I like are. It's not surprising it doesn't appear as anybody's first choice but I think it's a stretch to say there is no love for it, at least among those of us outside the square-box club.

    For one of the nicest buildings to be built and probably ever built in Toronto, you sure are harsh on Trump. There are plenty of really ugly buildings in Toronto that are far more deserving to be as harshly criticized.

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnwood View Post
    For one of the nicest buildings to be built and probably ever built in Toronto
    You are of course fully entailed to hold that opinion. But, that has not been the general consensus as see here; http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showthr...ghrise-Project
    Obviously that doesn't mean that the building is universally recognized as a failure, but clearly its not seen as one of Toronto's best new buildings, at least not here on UT.

    On the other hand I do agree entirely that there are plenty of other buildings far more deserving of criticism.

  4. #7879
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    714

    Default

    Let's just say it's a nicer building that's different from the Toronto norm.
    It's not Toronto's best, it's not Toronto's worst.. but it certainly makes an impact on the skyline from almost every direction, and that's a WIN in my opinion!

  5. #7880
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DC83 View Post
    Let's just say it's a nicer building that's different from the Toronto norm.
    It's not Toronto's best, it's not Toronto's worst.. but it certainly makes an impact on the skyline from almost every direction, and that's a WIN in my opinion!
    i won't say it makes a huge impact at all, (aside from Adelaide street which it is a game changer), but its the icing on the cake... just makes our skyline that much cooler,

  6. #7881
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steveve View Post
    i won't say it makes a huge impact at all, (aside from Adelaide street which it is a game changer), but its the icing on the cake... just makes our skyline that much cooler,
    Ya, hopefully the 'glass spire' and 'onion dome' will be dramatic enough to impact the night time skyline as well. It's def a welcome change, IMO

  7. #7882
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DC83 View Post
    Ya, hopefully the 'glass spire' and 'onion dome' will be dramatic enough to impact the night time skyline as well. It's def a welcome change, IMO
    it will.. guaranteed, (i don't see how it could go wrong lol!)... it'll be the best thing on the night skyline since RBC's lighting (which, arguably is too bright on the skyline)

  8. #7883
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Davenport
    Posts
    2,791

    Default

    Just because it`s different doesn`t make it necessarily any better than a box. At the end of the day, Trump is still bad architecture.

  9. #7884

    Default

    (this is my first post fyi)
    I have enjoyed this recent building boom and find that The Trump building adds such a beautiful note to the skyline. It looks interesting from many corners of the city, near and far. I wish more buildings would take a risk with the roofline. I was not a fan of the tower as it was going up, but once the dome and spire went up, it made all the difference for me.

  10. #7885
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    714

    Default

    Aaaaanywayyy..
    I thought I read a couple pages back that the glass was being installed on the Onion Dome. Has any progress been made w/ this over the weekend?

  11. Default

    Is johnwood, AreB? I'm with TonyV, Let's get back to the topic.

    The one thing, I think we can all agree on, is that Trump is pretty tall for its site. It adds density and its colour provides contrast to FCP, BA and SP. Other than that it's up to one's taste.

  12. Default

    Tall for the site, but it so desperately wants to be taller. That ridiculous spire is like a short man in heels.

  13. Default

    Nov 21: Working on the spire



  14. #7889
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DC83 View Post
    Aaaaanywayyy..
    I thought I read a couple pages back that the glass was being installed on the Onion Dome. Has any progress been made w/ this over the weekend?
    No, no glass has been installed on the onion dome.

    I wouldn't hold you breath for weekend work.

  15. #7890
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wopchop View Post
    No, no glass has been installed on the onion dome.

    I wouldn't hold you breath for weekend work.
    lol Thanks, judging from the latest photo, I guess not.
    Any clue as to when 'glassing' the dome will take place? Am really looking forward to seeing this beacon on the skyline!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •