Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
Project Essentials / dataBase detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread  I  Real Estate Thread
Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto
325 Bay St., Toronto
Developer: Talon International Development
Page 473 of 685 FirstFirst ... 373423463471472473474475483523573 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,095 of 10269

Thread: Trump Tower Toronto (Talon, 57s, Zeidler)

1. Default

That's not the spire. The spire is the huge white beam that goes down several floors. It will be jacked up. It's going to be massive. The part you're seeing is the dome.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dt_toronto_geek View Post
    Some people are going to be seriously pissed on the upper north side after spending millions then to have that crazy bright KPMG sign blasting into their home all night.
    I assume that the south facing sign will be dimmed.

Quote Originally Posted by tkip View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that spire was suppose to be taller. It looks really stumpy on that roof.
    don't worry, the spire is nowhere near put in place. it will be much much taller, and supposedly 6ft taller than Scotia Plaza.... WIN!

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nads Gone Bads View Post
    I like how you put a Michael J. Fox touch on that video.

I'm pleasantly surprised at how fast the onion dome is coming together. At this rate it might even be finished by the end of the week. I was expecting this to take over a month.
    Sorry, I guess it kind of ruined the vid, but i will try not to be so careless next time. I didn't have any video edit software and i was in a rush so I just went with it.

Random Q, but on the current subject; I've noticed a notice of Amendment for Sign Variance for Trump (and several other bldgs, incl the one at QueenWest & Portland) posted outside. What exactly is the variance for? Larger letters? Brighter lights? (I apologize if this has been answered previously)

6. Default

August 31st

-

Last edited by nicetommy; 2011-Aug-31 at 14:32.

OMG! Look at that detailing ^^^^^!!!!!!!! Hands down.... Trump Tower = OUR CHRYSLER BUILDING!

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by steveve View Post
    OMG! Look at that detailing ^^^^^!!!!!!!! Hands down.... Trump Tower = OUR CHRYSLER BUILDING!
    Yeah.... Watching this makes ya happy doesn't it..... I'm so excited I'm shaking

Quote Originally Posted by toronto3 View Post
    Yeah.... Watching this makes ya happy doesn't it..... I'm so excited I'm shaking
    I'm so excited, my pants are stretching!

It's a small quibble, but that inner band would've looked better as a curve/arc instead of a straight line. But who knows, maybe it'll end up making sense once it's all clad.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by steveve View Post
    HAHAHA..hahaha....steveve, i cant stop laughing

12. Default

Well, if the dome was going to look all filligreed like that, they should have made the rest of the skyscraper some 900 ft. throwback to Art Nouveau instead of the mid-90s institutional thing we ended up getting.

Like the Woodwards tower in Vancouver, except in green.

13. Default

I wish the onion dome was higher up. The last floor (I guess the mechanical space) hides the base of the dome from certain angles.

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    It's a small quibble, but that inner band would've looked better as a curve/arc instead of a straight line. But who knows, maybe it'll end up making sense once it's all clad.
    I don't get that. Some of the bands are curved, then you have that big straight one in the middle. I thought they'd all be curved.

15. Default ya thats what i thought to. then remembered the modle of roof

Quote Originally Posted by Nads Gone Bads View Post
    I don't get that. Some of the bands are curved, then you have that big straight one in the middle. I thought they'd all be curved.
    that straight piece will be hidden. according to a few images quite a few pages back with about four shots of the roof in black and white photos. i cant post them.. but they show how this straight piece is just for braceing it up rather then for the decretive feature. ill look through and see if i can find what i mean.
    Last edited by ptbotrmpfn; 2011-Aug-31 at 20:15. Reason: duplicated message accident by clicking to much.