Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
Project Essentials / dataBase detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread  I  Real Estate Thread
Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto
60 Yorkville Av, Toronto
Developer: Lifetime Developments, Menkes Developments, Alcion Ventures

Login to
post and
upload photos
Page 201 of 247 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 3703

Thread: Four Seasons Hotel/Condominiums (Menkes/4S/Lifetime, 52 + 25s, aA)

Quote Originally Posted by Irishmonk View Post
    There's a twit-filter on here. Unfortunately it doesn't filter out quoted remarks.
    Thank you very much for the tip Irishmonk. I've just located the Ignore List in the settings. It works well enough. but you are right that it doesn't remove any quoted references. Still an improvement though.

I find this forum very useful for my work, and this feature should hopefully keep me more focussed on topic.

Also, amazing pictures Travis! I personally think the final product is even better than the renders.
    Last edited by wmedia; 2012-Feb-03 at 19:06. Reason: Added final comment.

Beautiful shots, Travis, of an increasingly gorgeous and elegant building. Call my crazy but I think I actually prefer this to the NY Times building. This one is more refined, less busy - though I do like the spire on NYT. Also, the addition of the "Mini-Me" partner really helps with the massing and the balance. The whole combo is terrific and adds a very classy, big city vibe to this area.

@wm. Yeah, I couldn't function on this site without Ignore.
    Last edited by Irishmonk; 2012-Feb-03 at 18:22.

Yeah because ignoring people is rather bigoted, eh?

It's annoying we have so many buildings in Toronto right now with no balcony glass. Hurry up 4$!
    :P

urbandreamer,

You are far from an ignored user in my estimation however I do find that a vast sum of your posts comprise nasty sentiments towards other completely impartial people based on wildly circumstantial and superficial observations. I'm sure Yorkville attracts a wide range of residents and visitors and even to stereotype or generalize them based on a passing glance, (or worse based on their residence!) strikes me as a pretty weak minded and desperate plea for attention. One other thing it certainly accomplishes is it draws far more attention to your own character flaws than those of the nameless and faceless souls just passing by. Think about it if you have a second.

Back to tower, I still reserve my final judgment on it until the streetscape is more complete. It is striking but I find the top portion covering the mechanical room a little thin and not as powerful as it could be. Also I don't love the bridge connecting the two towers. It invokes too close a memory to this pedestrian structure:

Last edited by CN Tower; 2012-Feb-03 at 19:05.

6. Default

Would of preferred it if the eastern and western facades had the same treatment as the northern & southern sides, re the extruded vertical fins.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis View Post

Really nice photos Travis. I can't wait for the street level to be completed and cleaned up so the full impression of this tower can be experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by urbandreamer View Post
    Yeah because ignoring people is rather bigoted, eh?
    Actually, ignoring an individual is not bigoted. You clearly don't know what the word means. I'm not ignoring you in order to tell you this, so don't feel so bad.

CB2 sells junk. So naturally I got a junky view of a quality product:

Here are some views taken today (05Feb12) of the Four Seasons.

From the west, trying it's best to blend with the sky:

From the east:
    -T

Quote Originally Posted by ToroTO View Post
    Amazing shot. Thanks for that.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Irishmonk View Post
    There's a twit-filter on here.
    Irishmonk dude, thank you! I had no idea it was actually possible to block out users. I've added the usual suspects! It ain't perfect but it's better for sure.

Back onto Four Seasons (kind of). Can anyone tell me, is it possible to tell the difference between glass curtain wall and window wall systems (in general) just by looking from the outside? Just curious. Thanks!
    Last edited by scrapergeek; 2012-Feb-06 at 13:26.

Quote Originally Posted by CN Tower View Post
    urbandreamer,

Back to tower, I still reserve my final judgment on it until the streetscape is more complete. It is striking but I find the top portion covering the mechanical room a little thin and not as powerful as it could be. Also I don't love the bridge connecting the two towers. It invokes too close a memory to this pedestrian structure:

What's wrong w/ this pic besides the grossly-exagerated Park?
    I think the skybridge element at Parade is the defining element of CityPlace (more-so than that lame park), and will make quite a statement looking south from Midtown (esp around CasaLoma).

However, I agree the 4S skybridge looks a lil out of place.. but then again, so does this entire structured. Give it 10-15 years and we'll see.

13. Default

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

^I always wondered what the view was like from that condo--weren't the balcony's redone about 5 years ago? Memories of sitting on the 5th floor of the TRL.

What a pos that building is in the immediate foreground--built c.2001 iirc. (People often forget it was crap like that that made me and others demand aA be embraced by developers other than Context c.2003. Am very pleased they listened to us brats.)

Quote Originally Posted by urbandreamer View Post
    ^I always wondered what the view was like from that condo--weren't the balcony's redone about 5 years ago? Memories of sitting on the 5th floor of the TRL.

What a pos that building is in the immediate foreground--built c.2001 iirc. (People often forget it was crap like that that made me and others demand aA be embraced by developers other than Context c.2003. Am very pleased they listened to us brats.)
    Right behind that building you see a tower by aA that's just as bad, so it's obviously it's not black and white like you claim it is. (No, I don't mean 4S)