Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
Project Essentials / dataBase detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread  I  Real Estate Thread
Living Shangri-La Toronto
180 University Ave, Toronto
Developer: Westbank Corp

Login to
post and
upload photos
Page 267 of 304 FirstFirst ... 167217257265266267268269277 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,005 of 4560

Thread: Shangri-La (Westbank, 66s, James Cheng/Hariri Pontarini)

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by The_Architect View Post
    Is it that the "birds" look like twisted hands? Cause that creeps me out a bit to be honest.
    Says the guy with the sociopaths of cinema avatar.
    ...but nice eye re: the hands. This work is a bit creepy but that it is not the usual playing nice because it's public art, is why I like it and why I think it is hard to ignore.
    There is definitely some metaphors emanating from this work. It obviously has something to do with nature and he seems to be including the structure in there. ... Fascinating work.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Architect View Post
    Is it that the "birds" look like twisted hands?
    Cannot be unseen....

It doesn't creep me out at all though. I love this thing. Everyone should go see it in person, you can stare at it for hours.

I think it's gonna be a tourist destination. I'm excited for that area. Should be a beautiful neighborhood. With momofuku, the hotel, opera house, university avenue. Don't u guys think?

Last edited by thedeepend; 2012-May-15 at 17:04.

?...oh man. relax everybody. for contemporary art this is very mild. could have been a Hirst. not that Toronto could afford one. (yes i know: or want one)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzin4u View Post
    Taken today. As beautiful as ever.

beauty indeed. slick clean looking tower, yet with texture at the same time. this is the most well-rounded tower out of Four Seasons, The Ritz, and Trump. it's got plenty to offer from different POV's.

7. Default

Does that sign really say god hates performance art. Lol how does that even make sense when people say god hates first off.

Lol! Like they know so much about god and what likes and all!

@Cruzin4u, great photo.

The Shangri-La glistens perfectly with its glass facade looking smooth and flawless.

10. Default

Here's hoping residents in the four double height units near the top give us a little 'performance art' of the sort that The Standard Hotel in New York offers regularly...

Cellphone shot from monday
    Images are not to be reprinted, reposted or used for any purposes whatsoever outside of the Urban Toronto forum without my express consent. Contact me via the following:

Website - Flickr Photostream - Twitter

Taken today. Thanks to all posters - another Shangri-La one.

thx for all the awesome updates today, cruzin!
    When I'm not on UT, I am a Mississauga real estate agent ....check out my site here!

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by yyzer View Post
    thx for all the awesome updates today, cruzin!
    Yeah, great pics cruzin4u...in that last pic, is that Ice poping up at the bottom?

I prefer the Zhang Huan in its details vs the overall effect.