Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
Project Essentials / dataBase – detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread  I  Real Estate Thread
Living Shangri-La Toronto
180 University Ave, Toronto
Developer: Westbank Corp

Login to
post and
upload photos
Page 265 of 304 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,975 of 4560

Thread: Shangri-La (Westbank, 66s, James Cheng/Hariri Pontarini)

Quote Originally Posted by Tewder View Post
    The picture above reminds me how endlessly photographable and engaging the bean is. With some works of art you simply don't need a footnote to appreciate them.
    Of course, to bolster his argument that our forlorn molehill is, in fact, an artistic "mountain," UD chose not to re-post this image, which really shows the bean in all its engaging glory.

http://db-artmag.com/cms/upload/57/f...hkapoor10k.jpg
    Last edited by condovo; 2012-May-09 at 00:23.

Quote Originally Posted by someMidTowner View Post
    Is that part of the sculpture disembodied on the glass at the top of the cube? This public art piece is such a sweet addition to an already sleek and glossy building
    Yes, these are birds flying away.
    When it is totally finished, there will be birds between the cube and the main building as I understand it as well as some "birds" all the way up to floor 18. As well, the theme will continue the birds into the lobby.

The derrick was installed over the weekend or Monday (hard to tell with all the fog lately exactly when) and the crane is coming down today.
    “Our roads are not here for automobiles. Our roads are here for people to get around.” - Michael Bloomberg, Mayor of New York City - July 10, 2012

Original photographic images posted on this forum by dt_toronto_geek are not for publication, display or dissemination of any kind except on the Urban Toronto discussion board, altered or otherwise, without expressed written permission from the owner.

4. Default

May 9th:

From my POV today (it's raining a bit so it's not that clear)

“Our roads are not here for automobiles. Our roads are here for people to get around.” - Michael Bloomberg, Mayor of New York City - July 10, 2012

Original photographic images posted on this forum by dt_toronto_geek are not for publication, display or dissemination of any kind except on the Urban Toronto discussion board, altered or otherwise, without expressed written permission from the owner.

Quote Originally Posted by condovo View Post
    Of course, to bolster his argument that our forlorn molehill is, in fact, an artistic "mountain," UD chose not to re-post this image, which really shows the bean in all its engaging glory.
    A misreading of Kapoor's oeuvre that could only be made by someone who missed the first 25 years of his career.

amazing shot ^ just shows how unobstructed the views are from Shangri-la.. looks like it has the skies all on its own.

and man, look at those 2 storey penthouses at the top with those huge terraces. jealous.

8. Default

Just a quick question, I was not sure where to post it. But since this is in vicinity of Shangri-la...
    Does anyone know what's going on with that fountain on University and Queen?
    Its a shame this hasn't been fixed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by kris View Post

You managed to beat me to posting my own photo.
    UT Member Since February 2002

Cell phone shot from today
    Images are not to be reprinted, reposted or used for any purposes whatsoever outside of the Urban Toronto forum without my express consent. Contact me via the following:

Website - Flickr Photostream - Twitter

I finally saw "Rising" in person the other night. It truly is an inspiring and powerful masterpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis View Post
    I finally saw "Rising" in person the other night. It truly is an inspiring and powerful masterpiece.
    It is quite amazing, also noticed the Shangri-La logo and lettering are up on the University side of the podium. Wonder when that happened
    Images are not to be reprinted, reposted or used for any purposes whatsoever outside of the Urban Toronto forum without my express consent. Contact me via the following:

Website - Flickr Photostream - Twitter