Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
Project Essentials / dataBase detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread  I  Real Estate Thread
Absolute World
50 Absolute Dr. , Mississauga
Developer: Cityzen Development Group, Fernbrook Homes
Page 52 of 198 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
Results 766 to 780 of 2967

Thread: Absolute World (MCC, Fernbrook/Cityzen, 56 + 50s, MAD (Yansong Ma))

  1. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redroom Studios View Post
    its a shame Toronto doesnt have the guts to build anything like these two! This has got to be the most exciting construction site in the GTA.
    And yet no construction pics have ever been posted in the photo of the day!


  2. #767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redroom Studios View Post
    its a shame Toronto doesnt have the guts to build anything like these two! This has got to be the most exciting construction site in the GTA.
    Redroom, I think you may be right....and I don't think the good citizens of Mississauga have any idea how mind-boggling these towers will be...right now, I think they are becoming a traffic hazard....every time I drive by, I can't stop staring....

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yyzer View Post
    Redroom, I think you may be right....and I don't think the good citizens of Mississauga have any idea how mind-boggling these towers will be...right now, I think they are becoming a traffic hazard....every time I drive by, I can't stop staring....
    A pedestrian hazard too, because everytime I walk by it, I am paying too much attention to it and not the road haha.
    I noticed the other day they have a camera at the northwest corner now on top of a tall pole. I never noticed it before, so it must be relatively new. Not sure if it's for traffic, or police or what. Maybe accidents have gone up at the intersection.

  4. #769

    Default

    I think it's awesome that Mississauga is laying down the gauntlet. It will only do wonders for Toronto if the city thinks it has to do more to outshine its - *shudder* - burbs.

  5. #770
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Mississauga, where cars rule city growth
    Posts
    7,727

    Default

    The average resident of Mississauga have no idea about tall building and will think nothing of them when fully completed. Just drive/walk on by with giving a thought about them.

    It only us that think this was thinking outside the box for tall buildings.

    It too bad that some of the other designs are not going to show up as it would start a new trend how building should look like.

    Square box is old fashion with dull glass and precast.

    Tower one is peaking it's head over Sq One now from the north side.

  6. #771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drum118 View Post
    The average resident of Mississauga have no idea about tall building and will think nothing of them when fully completed. Just drive/walk on by with giving a thought about them.

    It only us that think this was thinking outside the box for tall buildings.
    What???? Pretty much everyone in Mississauga is aware of these buildings and how unconventional they are. Even my mother who knows nothing about architecture or development knows about this building and can't wait to see the finished product.

    Once complete, everyone will be turning their heads up to admire them. They are landmarks. Anyone walking by them without looking up in awe would have to be 100% legally blind!

  7. Default Buzz in Mississauga

    Yeah, I would have to strongly disagree with drum118.

    Just about everyone in Mississauga knows about these towers and there is a growing civic pride that it is going up in our city centre. There is even more buzz as it is really beginning to take shape.

    It will be a true landmark that can not be ignored and once it is completed will be VERY visable from almost every point in the city.

    Louroz

  8. #773

    Default

    Starting to take shape. Very exciting.

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khristopher View Post
    And yet no construction pics have ever been posted in the photo of the day!
    It isn't distinctive enough yet. I'll use it when the curve is really standing out.

  10. #775

    Default

    OMG i wanna move to MISSI!!!!!!!

  11. Default

    Well we just had our amenities center grand opening and let me just say...WOW!!!

    It's not so much a conventional amenities center but more of a full on recreation center...

    From the 48 seat $100,000 theater to the indoor running track, it's quite the facility...

    With this amazing center and these two gorgeous towers going up, all I'm seeing is $$$$$ when I go to sell in 4 years.....

  12. Default

    /\ Pictures?

  13. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ProjectEnd View Post
    /\ Pictures?
    Didn't take any because there were too many ppl...

    It's open for business tomorrow at noon so I'll get some shots then...

  14. #779

    Default

    I'm amazed what a couple twists will do. Right now, I find the window wall looks like Absolute shit. It doesn't look good for these towers stacked up against Murano/Burano nevermind the Erickson or the countless other trendy, twisty towers.
    got some ice to sell you

  15. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maestro View Post
    I'm amazed what a couple twists will do. Right now, I find the window wall looks like Absolute shit. It doesn't look good for these towers stacked up against Murano/Burano nevermind the Erickson or the countless other trendy, twisty towers.
    Murano/Burano..please

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •