Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
Project Essentials / dataBase detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread  I  Real Estate Thread
Absolute World
50 Absolute Dr. , Mississauga
Developer: Cityzen Development Group, Fernbrook Homes
Page 127 of 197 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2941

Thread: Absolute World (MCC, Fernbrook/Cityzen, 56 + 50s, MAD (Yansong Ma))

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 4grand View Post
    What's with the different shades of balcony glass interspersed throughout?
    I'm not at all familiar witht the project but my guess is that they would all be the same. The reason they look different is likely thanks to the amazing curvature of the building. You're getting reflections from all directions with a varrying amount of light, thus giving a different shade to the glass in several locations along the building.

2. Default

All the pieces of balcony glass are the same, they just have not been installed on all the floors yet. At this point I actually prefer the 'greyer' colour of the window glass over the 'bluer' balcony glass, but I will wait until all of the balcony glass is installed and I see the buildings in person.

3. Default

because the ugly yellow bars temporarily stay there till the glass balconies are done

4. Default

He might be referring to the grey crap they have on the balconies. Squares to accent to the curves. I think that was such a bad idea.

5. Default

Is there a close up photo of these accents? I have not noticed them before.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by doady View Post
    I don't remember any parking lot at that location, just an empty field, but wtf do I know?
    There was a parking lot for the office complex in the northern portion of the lot. Look in Google Earth Historical Imagery.

The jib crane on tower 1 is almost complete, which mean, the tower crane should be down by either Jan 8 or no later than the 13.

from today

Last edited by Jasonzed; 2011-Jan-04 at 06:25. Reason: added picture

9. Default

thaz nice

10. Default

Well it looks like the roof is not going to be lit up or at least the way it was shown in that photo I posted previously. They are not putting glass at the top, but spandrel instead, which is just disappointing

And it looks like they're doing something to help hide that ugly blank wall of the townhome and condo portion to the east, which is awesome.

When we toured in July we were told that there will be a sweeping 'esplanade' around the east side of the tower once the original Absolute podium is extended west towards it. It's good to see the start of construction for that!

BTW Jasonzed: wow - what an update!

I was expecting the mechanical room at the top to be surrounded by glass so we could see inside it... I'm a bit disappointed as they seem to have used spandrel glass. Up till now this tower has done nothing to disappoint me though!

Is there any streetlife in the area? It looks like towers stuck on a highway.

I dunno, it could be a translucent material similar to that on the Lightbox.

15. Default

Is there any streetlife in the area? It looks like towers stuck on a highway.
    Yes, but very little. There is no retail on that block, except for a gas station. That will be changing soon.