Mississauga Chicago Condos | ?m | 36s | Daniels | Kirkor

yyzer

Member Bio
Reaction score
Here's an updated rendering of Daniels' latest at MCC....Chicago...looks to be about 36 storeys, and the podium is a little different from their previous efforts, which tended to be simply townhouses...looks like retail along Confederation Pkwy...

pic_header.jpg

However it will be nice for a project in the Daniels site to not have a pointy hat. The general form of the tower is decent and the base actually looks rather urban. Where exactly is this located? North of One Park on Confederation? or is it east on One Park?

This is clearly not Mississauga's architectural triumph and it should be called the "Atlanta", instead.

It's kind of hard competing against AbsoluteWorld for that honour, though it does beat Ovation or the other Tridel buildings.

I just think the name is stupid, this is no Chicago. If that's Chicago, I'd hate to see the Ottawa or the Miami.

Tired and predictable putdowns of Mississauga aside - bloated, jumbled, second rate historicist nightmares like this don't deserve to go anywhere. Not in Mississauga. Not on the outskirts of Paris. Nowhere.

Squalid. Wretched. Sordid. Vile. Foul.

lol! Urban Shocker, I am beginning to suspect that you don't like it! ;)

What is interesting, is that the general public seem to lap up the Kirkor stuff.......there is a divergence, and not just in Mississauga

A building that is a product of marketing culture - feeding the worst instincts of people who don't know what they want - rather than a product of design culture, is nothing to crow about.

US, nobody's crowing....

Mike in TO...I believe it is just north of One Park, on Confederation....

Back