Toronto TCHC Block 32 Development | ?m | 41s | TCHC | KPMB

What is interesting is what blocks 37 and 33 will end up being (and who will develop them). I thought (I guess, mistakenly) that they too were going to be affordable housing.

Thanks for these posts Alvin.

Lablaws owns that land. They were to develop there, however, they sold a parcel to Concord which is now sold as Panarama. Perhaps concord will take over this land too.

Block 33 has a proposed 30 storey building at Dan Leckie and Bremner, a 32 storey building at Dan Leckie and Housey, 8 storey podium on Dan Leckie, 6 storeys along Bremner, and 4 storeys on Queens Wharf. Block 37 has a 10 storey on Bathurst, a 27 storey on Queens Wharf, and a 6 story podium on Bremner. Both blocks already have the approvals needed to move forward. As mentioned above Loblaws (Wittington Properties) owned to blocks including the one Panorama is to be built on so it wouldn't be to surprising if Concord ends up developing block 33 and 37 as well.

Block 32 and 36 plans are here :
http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/2006/agendas/committees/te/te060913/it012.pdf

wittington also owns several blocks on the west side of Bathurst (St Mary's should be moving soon as their new portlands facility is in the advanced stages of construction)

and that portlands gas power plant ...

I am quite impressed with those TCHC proposals, especially with respect to the library/daycare component.

These are some conceptual drawings of that block. Please note these are not final - just conceptual.

2368393970_31d2152bf3_b.jpg

2367537189_3d14f1779f_o.jpg

2368370814_1fac65053e_o.jpg

^Also a little sneak peak at Coupland's park. It looks like the landscaping is going in soon.

Any ideas of WHEN the TCHC buildings are going to get going? I seem to remember that there were deadlines for doing something set by the (Federal?) government and connected to $$. The conceptual sketches look promising BUT is this project more than just 'concepts'?

Any ideas of WHEN the TCHC buildings are going to get going? I seem to remember that there were deadlines for doing something set by the (Federal?) government and connected to $$. The conceptual sketches look promising BUT is this project more than just 'concepts'?

They have had the green light for a couple of years,now with the economy in limbo the bankrupt City will most likley do nothing and end up selling the land back to Cityplace.

Back