Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
Project Essentials / dataBase detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread  I  Real Estate Thread
Sixty Colborne Condos
60 Colborne Street, Toronto
Developer: Freed Developments, Carttera Private Equities
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sixty Colborne (Church and Colborne, Freed Developments, 11 + 25s, aA)

1. Default Sixty Colborne (Church and Colborne, Freed Developments, 11 + 25s, aA)

One of the parking lots I'd most like to see be developed. This site was one of the contenders for the Provincial Archives which is now moving to York University. Someone's drilling core samples this morning. Any ideas out there as to what's planned here?

2. Default

No idea, but that would be an amazing parking lot to go away!!!

3. Default

That parking lot is at Church and Colborne, just south of King (Lombard is between Adelaide and Richmond).

4. Default

That parking lot is at Church and Colborne, just south of King (Lombard is between Adelaide and Richmond).
    Sorry early morning. I should know better considering I've lived here for 10 years.

5. Default

I agree, this would be amazing to see something built on it, since it would balance out Colborne and make it a nice, intimate street.

Manulife?

7. Default

Wal-mart?

Quote Originally Posted by maestro View Post
    Manulife?

Well, they're wearing Manulife-green hard hats

Would the city allow a super tall here? Closest thing tall would be Spire and that's not even 500 feet.

10. Default

A super tall wouldn't go here, no P.A.T.H access, and way to close to St James and the Esplanade. Though I wouldn't be opposed to it.

11. Default

Something along the lines of MOZO or Spire would be perfect. Can't wait to see this one go too. It's only a matter of time.

12. Default

Nothing as tall as Spire could go there. It would darken the park.

be interesting what will eventually happen to the southern corners of the Church & King intersection- each lot is about a width of the typical storefront and are next to historical buildings (unclear if the west side is an extension of this lot)

Nothing as tall as Spire could go there. It would darken the park.
    maybe a billboard with a Manulife advertisement then?

I think it should have the same massing as the King Eddy- maybe even with some setbacks- a' la NY.

p5
    ...by design

15. Default

Yes, I think something around that height would be about right.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast