Toronto 300 Front Street West | 156.05m | 49s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
In this morning's Toronto Star, the city has a statutory notice for an application for a 58-storey tower at Front and John (Condo).

Need to add that to the new skyline. (that's the n/w corner, opposite CBC)

Wasn't sure if it was both lots or just the one.

535989867_177329ad2d_o.jpg

538685504_c7b06f777a_o.jpg

Although an excellent spot for a 58 story condo, we are building a skyline of buildings that sort of top out just shy of 600 feet. While this is tall by any standard, if they are all the same height it will not be particularly striking. There should be some variation in building heights in that part of downtown. With the Ritz, RBC, Shangri-La and the Cityplace towers all being flat-top buildings of roughly the same height we might end up with a Vancouveresque skyline, albeit twice as tall.

Bring it on!!! These tower proposals just keep popping up everywhere!!! The downtown core is sure spreading west with all these tall buildings either rumored (Manulife), proposed or under construction.

Can somebody please post a link to the article in the Star or a link to the proposal?

300 Front Street - 58 stories

As reported earlier there is a notice in the Star regarding an application for a 58 storey residential building with commercial uses on the ground floor. Located at the northwest corner of Front and John.

The height is approximately 180m.

A community consultation meeting has been scheduled. I should be able to post more details on the project next week and hopefully a date and location for the meeting in case anyone is interested in going.

Should this project get its own thread, or is it too early yet?

I just made a thread... wow you've got a lot of calculations there...

It is my understanding that the tower is proposed at approximately 180 meters (or ~590 feet for those that prefer that system).

58-storey condo by the transformers... Cancer anyone?

good point....there are a lot of serious questions about radiation coming from hydro....

My Aunt and uncle lived beside transformers. He developed lukemia, but was able to beat it, she however, developed colan cancer and passed away a few months later. This location would concern me due to its close proximity. Hoever, its great to see something like this come along. It will do alot of the skyline and hopefully will be a stunner.

I agree with scarberiankhatru... I mean do we have to fill all our remaining parking lots in downtown with condos? We can throw condos up anywhere in the city but there's only a limited number of areas in the city where we can support 50+ storey office buildings. Losing this site or even block to a condo project, I believe, would be a mistake.

Back