Toronto Imperial Plaza | 96.01m | 23s | Camrost-Felcorp | Onespace

maestro

Member Bio
Reaction score
Anyone know what's up - the surface parking lot behind the building is now a massive hole

i have a vague recollection of there being some issue on that site with toxic chemicals or oil that needed soil remediation. that maybe why they've dug a big hole, to fill it back with clean soil.

i have a vague recollection of there being some issue on that site with toxic chemicals or oil that needed soil remediation.

Yep. Imperial Oil couldn't sell the property without cleaning up the site first - there is serious ground pollution from oil and other chemicals... fitting for an oil company! That building will make absolutely stunning luxury condos one day.

Hey anyone know what they're excavating on St. Clair just a bit east of Avenue Rd? Its a hole all the way around the back of the tall building that was headquarters for some oil or gas company, can't remember which one it was. Its a bit east of avenue road on the south side of st. clair, behind the tallest building on st. clair in that area.

I think there is some soil contamination remediation going on at the old Esso Headquarters, which building was a rejected proposal for city hall.

IIRC, the midrise vernacular around Spadina is an interesting mix from different modernist periods

Boy, lots of off topic responses. I'll go with the soil remediation at Imperial Oil..

Back