Toronto Centro Condos | ?m | 31s | Henderson | IBI Group

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
http://www.livingcentro.com/home.htm

centroau4.jpg

The towers may not be impressive, but this is BIG NEWS not only for Scarborough Centre, but also for all of Toronto.

The developer of this project is Henderson Development, which is the third largest developer in Hong Kong. It is owned by Lee Shau Kee, the second richest person in Hong Kong (the richest person in HK is Li Ka Shing, who is associated with Concord Pacific and Toronto's Cityplace). Henderson co-developed (with Hong Kong subway operator MTR Corporation) the International Financial Centre 2, currently the tallest building in Hong Kong.

I hope Henderson does well in Toronto. Who knows what it will turn into if it decides to continue to develop in Canada. Another Concord Pacific... another Bazis International, perhaps? I might be getting a bit too optimistic, but Henderson could potentially give Scarborough Centre a skyline the size of Mississauga City Centre.

Henderson website

Pretty bland, but I have a feeling it will do well in terms of sales.

It's always good to hear more international players coming in. I wouldn't consider it as big news but if Henderson decides to take a plunge in the future and say, redevelop a portion of one of those density-designated inner suburb throughfares, then that would be huge

Work on the site has begun, not that anyone cares. As mentioned, this is located on the east side of Town Centre Crt. EQ1,2 and Red are located on the west side. A lot of density in this area
March 29, 2008

Looking southeast
IMG_5134.jpg

Taken while leaning back against EQs construction fence.
IMG_5137.jpg

IMG_5139.jpg

Back