Toronto Roncesvalles Lofts | ?m | 6s | Triumph | David Peterson

I've always loved this development. Very European (and not surprising since the developers--two brothers--are either portuguese or italian.) There was an article about them perhaps a year ago in either the Globe Post or Star's real estate section. Search their sites to find it. If I remember correctly, the brothers are new to development but had a related business--highrise glazing installation??? I'm certain they'll do a great job--but to play it safe, you could always wait until the building is completed before purchasing.

Okay, I like their website too. Very interesting project. I may have to visit the sales office.

Oh yeah, and I have a soft spot for harpsichords.

Oh, just one more kick at the can, and then back on topic:

SPOILER WARNING!!!!

Click on SNF's link above at your own peril! All the mystery of the unique avatar will be stripped away and replaced with interesting and arcane intelligence!

SNF: Maybe Soulpepper will be so good as to dredge up CC's LLS or more likely JV's VID for us.

Okay, back on topic: Too bad there's not even a hint of prices on their website. It is a very appealing project though, so the sales office will definitely get a visit. David ack: do you know $ per square ft average on this one?

Very European (and not surprising since the developers--two brothers--are either portuguese or italian.)

Well, one does not necessarily follow the other (european=good design). It could have ended up being coated in blue tile, or feature lions or a virgin mary out front.

Regardless, it looks like it could be a very nice building.

european...

I haven't checked out the prices yet.. this weekend. as far as european..it could also mean tiny with no heating in winter.

Is the loft going where the sales centre is located? Things are kinda sketchy closer to Dundas, regardless if there's a Starbucks there now.

*gasp*, not the French Quarter builders. :(

But then again that would kinda fit in with the other fine Loft builder in the area...

My wife and I visited the site and looked at the model. There was an good write up about the project and the builder in the Globe and Mail a few months back. While we liked the building, it seems like the lot(s) directly in front of the courtyard are ripe for redevelopment. This would have distroyed the appeal to us. They also claimed to have only a "few" units left then. When we visited their site a month ago I think it said "60% sold".... Perhaps a lot of flipping???

Back