News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.7K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 549     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.3K     0 

Toronto-Astral Street Furniture Program

OMG, I hate to admit it but I like the Astral Media Outdoor LP proposal.

Louroz

Is that a pun?

You know what? It looks okay. I notice though they don't show the sides of the newspaper or garbage bins that would show the ads. I do dislike the current InfotoGo pillars quite a lot though (useless pieces of shit), and they're Astral's.

Its like they make up for our bland architecture with over the top designs for street furniture. Can't say i'm a fan. I'd prefer something more subtle and clean like the new york proposals. Keep them clean, easy to clean, simple, and use great typography for the signage. Nothing screams boring like using Arial with no typesetting. At least use helvetica with some proper typesetting.

The CBS stuff looks pretty bad, the clear channel looks alright. I would say the astral looks best but it just seems like there is just too much detail and useless stuff tacked to the sides.

When is the decision going to be made. Astral is definitely the nicest of the three. I wonder if Van Morrison himself designed this. (Astral Weeks)

They're all quite mediocre. The ClearChannel bus shelters are a bit interesting. I notice that Astral's garbage bins will have foot pedals to open the flaps. I don't see that mechanism working for more than a couple weeks.

I like Astral and CBS (not their transit shelters, but their litter bins, info pillars and bulletin pillars look nice). Clear Channel/Zeidler unfortunately designed ugly and oddly-scaled furniture.

However both Astral and CBS have room for improvement. I don't really like having the new Toronto street signs attached to the bus shelters. I would prefer if the shelter designs include a unique way of displaying the street name (for example, written vertically on a support column). Also, how come our bus shelters have to be glass greenhouses? Aren't they supposed to provide shade as well as protection from rain and snow?

Astral says their toilet gives you ten minutes, with a countdown. Then what?

Then you're locked in to die from fecal inhalation.

do the clear channel shelters come with the women? :)

Astral says their toilet gives you ten minutes, with a countdown. Then what?
glasses.jpg

Back