459     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 310     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 329     0 

Elevator for Broadview

M

Mike in TO

The Metro daily paper reported this morning that the TTC will unveil elevators today to make the Broadview subway station fully accessible. The elevators allow access from the street level to the eastbound and westbound subway platforms.

It's good to see that the TTC is expanding the number of fully accessible stations in the system.

It's pretty amazing that Broadview Station has been essentially rebuilt over the past few years: second streetcar track, new stairs and elevators, and a new bus bay if I remember.

Still waiting for the Jane ones to start working.

This will make it the 20th and the 21st stations to be retrofitted leaving 42 more to go.

Metro stated that there are to be 9 more to be on line by 2007 and that is odd since I know of only 6 more in the works for then and 3 yet to see any work started on them at this time.

Time time table was 2025 for all the stations to be done, but it more like 2015-18 now.

Then, Victoria, Islington and Warden are on hold until developers are found to redevelop all 3 sites.

I've noticed St Clair and Osgoode are both under construction.

yeah it's only taken them almost 4 years to put in an elevator and fix up the streetcar loop.. in far less time than it's taken to work on Broadview station the entire opera house has almost been built. Now it's Osgoode that is under perpetual soviet style TTC renovation.

It's amazing how long the TTC takes to do things. Remember the comments several months ago about the new stairway at Dundas Square, a relatively straightforward project which ran months past their publicized deadline. I have no idea when they plan to open the elevators at Jane Station, which have appeared to be "done" for months now. There is no sense of urgency in completing their projects.

In all fairness construction at Osgoode may be dependent on the progress of the Opera House.

The TTC loves ripping up escalators for "preventative maintenance" and then having the work go on for 6 weeks longer than they said it would.

The elevators at Broadview have been open and working since January 27th. It's only the official ribbon cutting that's happening today.

Jane is supposed to open in April. The 2 platforms are in place wating for the top level to Mezz one to be finish.

Osgoode is to open by the summer depend on the Oprea House.

York Mills in 2007,

Pape Station No date as no design done yet.

Dufferin station No date as no design done yet.

Main Station No date as no design done yet.

As to the other 3 out of 9, I have no idea where they are.

Back