Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
UrbanToronto News - the latest headlines
Kingston&Co Condominiums Revitalizing Kingston Road Village
ALSO
Page 237 of 237 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237
Results 3,541 to 3,545 of 3545

Thread: Transit Fantasy Maps

only major disagreement is with the Yonge extension, but otherwise great. L2 is probably better off along Dundas IMO as well, somehow. The tunneled portion in front of City hall is rather pointless, that stretch of street moves pretty quickly no matter the time of day. (at least from University to Bay)
    Last edited by innsertnamehere; 2014-Jul-17 at 23:50.
    check out my future toronto renders, complete with colour coding of the stages of construction!

http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showthr...ronto-3d-model

Quote Originally Posted by gweed123 View Post
    Thanks! Yeah I think that the solution that I've shown here is the best option for Scarborough. There shouldn't be much of a cost difference between building the LRT option and building the GO REX option on the SRT corridor, and that would provide more than enough capacity for Scarborough. Whatever is left can go to helping building the Eglinton East LRT extension along Eglinton, Kingston Rd, and Morningside. The two LRTs (Eglinton/Morningside and Sheppard East) provide a good local rapid transit option through Scarborough, with the GO REX providing the express option into and out of Scarborough.
    Gweed on the go georgetown line the arl , b1, b12, e31, e3 the Kipling stop seems to have been moved to islington. Is there a reason for this. I selfishly advocate for the kipling and rexdale stop since my wife works at that intersection. What's the reason for the move?

Quote Originally Posted by innsertnamehere View Post
    only major disagreement is with the Yonge extension, but otherwise great.
    I think the Yonge extension will eventually be needed, but I think the combination of the 2 GO REX lines and the BRT along Yonge is sufficient for a while yet. The Yonge line is a pretty expensive project, money which I think could be used on other projects in northern Toronto and in York Region (like the 407 Transitway).

L2 is probably better off along Dundas IMO as well, somehow.
    You mean continuing it along Dundas? That could be an eventual possibility, but I think having the Dundas line feed into Honeydale, which is a much larger hub, makes more sense.

The tunneled portion in front of City hall is rather pointless, that stretch of street moves pretty quickly no matter the time of day. (at least from University to Bay)
    The main reason for that was for easier connection to the two subway stations. I also want to see the surface sections of the Queen LRT turned into pedestrian/cyclist/transit only sections of street. That wouldn't be possible for the section of Queen from Simcoe to about Church, because of the number of access points to the street (large parking garages, etc). So those two factors combined makes a tunnelled central section the way to go IMO.

I appreciate the questions!

Quote Originally Posted by sixrings View Post
    Gweed on the go georgetown line the arl , b1, b12, e31, e3 the Kipling stop seems to have been moved to islington. Is there a reason for this. I selfishly advocate for the kipling and rexdale stop since my wife works at that intersection. What's the reason for the move?
    Yup. The reason I decided to move it is, with the addition of the Highway 27 station (which would become the main transfer point for people not already on the E3 to get to the airport), it puts it too close to Kipling station. By moving that station to Islington, it gives a little bit more separation between the two stations.
    Last edited by gweed123; 2014-Jul-18 at 10:55.
    Currently looking for a Junior Urban Planner position in the GTA. Please message me if you know any firms or individuals who may be interested!

Here is the planned Etobicoke LRT line from the 80s, according to this article.

What do the people of UrbanToronto think about the viability of this line back then and presently?

Quote Originally Posted by WislaHD View Post
    Here is the planned Etobicoke LRT line from the 80s, according to this article.

What do the people of UrbanToronto think about the viability of this line back then and presently?
    We already have planned links to Pearson via the ECLRT, the FWLRT and UPE. I do not think another rail connection is required.