175     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 586     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 961     2 

I want the Yonge Street bank building.

M

miketoronto

I walked by it again yesterday. You know what building I am talking about. That old bank building across from the Eaton Centre on Yonge Street, near Toys R Us.

Does anyone have any idea how much that building would cost to buy, and probably restore.

I never think of new business ventures(not that I could do it now anyway).

But I really would love to buy that building, restore it, and turn it into an old fashioned shopping arcade, with unique one of a kind stores and restaurants in it. I think it could be such a hit, being right across from the Eaton Centre.

It's a shame non of us are rich.

My friend and I were thinking just for fun of phoning up the real estate agent, and finding out how much it would cost to buy that building. And then just for fun, talking to bank to find out what kind of business loans they would give to people wanting to do something to that building.
Not that we would actually do anything with it now. Don't have the money to. But it is good to dream.

Go for it mike. Im curious as well to see what a building like that would cost. Hopefully someone can fill it up soon...it's just too good to sit there unused.

"I walked by it again yesterday. You know what building I am talking about. That old bank building across from the Eaton Centre on Yonge Street, near Toys R Us.

Does anyone have any idea how much that building would cost to buy, and probably restore."

It's funny... I was just walking down Yonge with my bro and we were talking about how much that building might cost. The one to the north is especially gorgeous. I'm sure none of us would ever be able to afford it... even if we all pitched in.

The one to the north of it, the old Toronto Historical Building, is on sale for $4 million.

But the other one I have to find out.

Those buildings really don't seem that big. They are nice buildings, but I don't think you could fit much in one of them. Maybe this is one of the reasons why they are yet to be redeveloped.

I keep saying that those would be a perfect place for an infill Tourist Centre with a small Toronto museum on either side, one with a permanent exhibit explaining the basics of the city's history, the other with rotating exhibits.

The museum could be expanded elsewhere as the demand grows.

205 Yonge Street (the north property) - $4,000,000.00
197-201 Yonge Street (the south property, including frontage on Victoria Street behind 205 Yonge) - $8,500,000.00

Archivistower. That is a good idea. However I think for that location we need retail. This is the retail heart of Toronto. We need to get more stores in there.

Just think if the inside was restored into an arcade that looked something like the following arcades in downtown Adelaide and Melbourne, Australia.

arcade_interior.jpg

30041V.jpg

miketoronto:

How do you know that none of us are rich?

Perhaps they could put an apple store in there. Create an awsome glass structure to connect the 2 with the supermodern area sandwiched between 2 gorgeous old structures.

Whoa, that north one is cheaper than I thought it would be... if only I had the dough...

Just think if the inside was restored into an arcade that looked something like the following arcades in downtown Adelaide and Melbourne, Australia.

How do you know it's not going to turn into the next Eaton Centre? :)

I will be very rich on day. I will buy it for you then.
-but, those "arcades" are beautiful. That would be awsome in Canada. It is a nice way to create a street like atmosphere but that is not exposed to Toronto's weather.

I will be very rich on day. I will buy it for you then.
-but, those "arcades" are beautiful. That would be awsome in Canada. It is a nice way to create a street like atmosphere but that is not exposed to Toronto's weather.

Yes they are...Toronto had a few back in the day.

Back