1.5K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 620     0 

Request: MapArt-style Adobe Illustrator Brush Library

Johnny Au

Member Bio
Reaction score
Near the North York, York, & Old Toronto tripoint
Why not just create custom brushes or set up different appearance presets?

Last edited:
Could someone give me a little background? I've always been a fan of MapArt. Was there a free digital version available at some point?

I'd prefer if that hideous style just died out. If you're looking for standard symbols then check out the noun project.

I'd prefer if that hideous style just died out. If you're looking for standard symbols then check out the noun project.

BLASTPHAMY!

Seriously, it is a shame that MapArt never got in on Web 2.0. Imagine if they partnered with Google and rendered the whole planet with colourful and clear zoning.

I very much enjoy how MapArt's maps are very clear with regards to zoning (as well as including municipal boundaries and such). I also grew up with MapArt's cartography; it feels so nostalgic to me. Pink residential areas, purple commercial areas, grey industrial areas, orange institutional areas, yellow attractions, light green undeveloped land, green parks, dark green golf courses, blue freeways, purple toll expressways, and such. Google has much to learn from MapArt.

The free digital edition became defunct a few years ago. It is so unfortunate that it had to be defunct.

Fortunately, you can have MapArt maps on your smartphone: http://www.lucidmap.ca/map-store/avenza/ ($5 for the Toronto map, which I purchased; updates are free); unfortunately, there is no way to put that on the desktop or laptop.

Last edited:

Back