News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Spammers trying to log in

Edward Skira

http://skyrisecities.com
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
A number of members have been getting the following email. Seems spammers in China are trying to get into the forum. We are aware of it and are trying to ensure that they don't. Don't be concerned with the email. It wasn't you (unless of course it was you :) ).

Dear ...,

Someone has tried to log into your account on Urban Toronto with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 39.184.96.162

All the best,
Urban Toronto

Daniel (my Daniel) received a spam private message the other week. He may still have it if you want it info on it. He mentioned it to me in passing (and then I forgot).

I think there was a bot member sending out spam pvt messages - this is a case of someone external trying to hack into accounts by brute force.

The IP is from some kind of proxy server.

AoD

The IPs are different for different people. At least from the 10 people or so who have contacted me.

Some kind of distributed attack. In any case, I would highly recommend a password update for everyone - particularly increase the length of the password, mix cases, incorporate numbers and if possible symbols.

Back