News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 441     0 

Granby and McGill Parkette Revitalization (?, ?)

AlvinofDiaspar

Member Bio
Reaction score
The city is repaving the two parkettes off Yonge, using some very nice concrete unit paving:

IMG_2077.JPG

AoD

Attachments

• IMG_2077.JPG
    IMG_2077.JPG
    309.9 KB · Views: 1,513
Oh yeah! More crushed gravel surrounding the trees. The pavers look great but nothing says "park" louder than grey gravel instead of green grass or shrubbery.

A little more gray gravel and it would scream 'Paris'!

The paving looks fantastic.

What type of trees are those, though? I have always found them to look scraggly and unhealthy and fairly bare, even when the leaves are out for spring and summer. Something more "full" and green would be nice in that area.

Yeah, grass is overrated. Lawns, if well maintained, can be a nice element but we all know how it will end up.

Yeah, grass is overrated. Lawns, if well maintained, can be a nice element but we all know how it will end up.

Exactly. Glad they're learning. If you want grass, you need to put in place some kind of little fences to keep the people from walking on the grass and preventing the parkette to become a muddy mess. This applies to sidewalks with turf too.

BTW, awesome revitalization. Always felt the place needed a makeover.

I hope they are going to put in a few benches or something to sit on. I'd also like to see some planters and decorative elements, or better yet, art.

Last edited:
Would love to see a photo of how the revitalization is progressing. Anyone?

Ask, and you shall receive:

Granby Parkette
IMG_2113.JPG

North view

IMG_2114.JPG

South view

McGill Parkette
IMG_2115.JPG

I think they will be using Corten at certain spots as well.

AoD

Attachments

• IMG_2113.JPG
    IMG_2113.JPG
    684 KB · Views: 842
  • IMG_2114.JPG
    IMG_2114.JPG
    634.2 KB · Views: 803
  • IMG_2115.JPG
    IMG_2115.JPG
    691.3 KB · Views: 1,002
I was pleasantly surprised when I walked by these parkettes earlier this spring/winter and saw the work being done. It is a big improvement on what was there before.

Back