News   Apr 18, 2024
 683     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 6K     2 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.4K     4 

Tiger Direct retail outlets are History (it's still operating online)

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
All Tiger Direct stores are in close out sale state that started 2 weeks ago for all store in NA. Must happen just after my last visit,

Sales are 10-30% off at this time with huge empty shelves at the Mississauga store today.

My understanding Tiger Direct will deal with business more than the public and be an on-line store only.

Would not be surprise to see the Mississauga store gone in April

Isn't it more like they went from online to storefront to online again?

Yep, they were online long before they tried (and failed) at retail.

I honestly had no idea they ever had any brick-and-mortar stores. I figured being online-only was a key part of their business model.

I was at the Queensway store every few months it seemed. Too bad! I would rather have them around than not.

I actually purchase items at bricks and mortar Tiger Direct stores. The reason I like it is because I get the item right away versus ordering it online through them or other computer retailers. Good thing Canada Computers still have physical locations in the city.

They started off as a pretty decent alternative to Best Buy/Future Shop. But they started to go down hill and Canada Computers replaced them as the best place to go for computer related electronics.

You always know a store is in trouble when the over-expand their product offerings. When they started selling non-electronic junk I knew it wasn't a good sign.

Yeah I got to Canada Computers for bricks and mortar, and New Egg for online. Amazon sometimes too

Shouldn't be surprised when they focused pushing add-on and trying to force you into buying that antivirus software.

I miss the good 'ol days of having to drive all the way up to Pacific Mall to get something from Canada Computers. Sure their return policy consisted of being yelled at in a Chinese dialect, but damnit I'm sad to see the severely overpriced cables and other not-so cheap goods they're hawking in their newer stores. It's completely lost whatever it was that made it so great. Tiger Direct, well I bought an "Olevia" brand 42" TV from there once and a Magic Bullet blender that died after a few months. I'm sure it was a knock-off. Can't say I'll miss it.

Last edited:
Canada Computers has picked up the former TigerDirect location at North Queen/Queensway in Etobicoke. Drove by there last week and saw the "Now Hiring" sign and work being done on the store.

The old Tiger Direct at 1800 The Queensway near 427 is now a Canada Computers store.

etobicoke.jpg

Back