News   Apr 26, 2024
 195     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 655     0 

Opinions on these Areas

urban

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy my first condo. I've been considering Liberty Village, Cityplace, and Lakeshore/Bathurst areas. What are your opinions on these areas. I've heard a lot of bad stuff about Cityplace on this board, but its just so affordable for me. I'm looking at something under 380k for 1 or 1+1 and I work near the Eaton Centre but would still need to go to Missisauga often so that's why I focus on just the west side of downtown.

Thank

I'm looking to buy my first condo. I've been considering Liberty Village, Cityplace, and Lakeshore/Bathurst areas. What are your opinions on these areas. I've heard a lot of bad stuff about Cityplace on this board, but its just so affordable for me. I'm looking at something under 380k for 1 or 1+1 and I work near the Eaton Centre but would still need to go to Missisauga often so that's why I focus on just the west side of downtown.

Thank

Lakeshore and Bathurst nightmare traffic location and only will get worse. However great value in the plazacorp buildings specially the new ones called Harbour Club. (350k 1+1 2 bathrooms)

City place isn't that bad but I'd go with the newest builds in there(Quartz and Spectra).

Liberty Village is its own hub so you don't really feel you are downtown but technically are a stones throw away. Some people love that other might not so much. But people generally are more friendly towards each other here than Cityplace. A great building here would be the plazacorp ones called the towers (125 Western Battery) you can get 1+1 with 2 bathrooms with unobstructed downtown views for under 370k. Good values.

Thanks! Regarding Lakeshore/Bathurst, traffic I don't mind because I would take the Queens Quay streetcar to union and then subway to eaton centre.

I bought in CityPlace about 4 years ago, after telling my real estate agent that I was not interested in anything in CityPlace.

I walked into the unit and it was everything I was looking for. The layout was great, the finishes were everything I wanted, and the price was perfect.

I have absolutely nothing bad to say about it. I recently lived in Liberty Village for a year and did not like it at all. I recently moved to upper Jarvis so no longer own property in CityPlace, but definitely have nothing against it. I only left due to a breakup, and would still be there if it wasn't for that. I disagree with going for the new builds, as they are overpriced and much smaller.

I lived in Luna (25 Capreol Court) and had a good experience in that building.

Being right near the Gardiner is a convenience (I too go to Mississauga frequently), and being close to the 504, 510, 509, and 511 makes getting around the city easy. The Eaton Centre is also a decent walk from CityPlace in better weather and I usually just walked there whenever I had to go. From Liberty Village, its much harder to leave and get back, whether you use transit or drive.

Last edited:
I bought in CityPlace about 4 years ago, after telling my real estate agent that I was not interested in anything in CityPlace.

I walked into the unit and it was everything I was looking for. The layout was great, the finishes were everything I wanted, and the price was perfect.

I have absolutely nothing bad to say about it. I recently lived in Liberty Village for a year and did not like it at all. I recently moved to upper Jarvis so no longer own property in CityPlace, but definitely have nothing against it. I only left due to a breakup, and would still be there if it wasn't for that. I disagree with going for the new builds, as they are overpriced and much smaller.

I lived in Luna (25 Capreol Court) and had a good experience in that building.

Being right near the Gardiner is a convenience (I too go to Mississauga frequently), and being close to the 504, 510, 509, and 511 makes getting around the city easy. The Eaton Centre is also a decent walk from CityPlace in better weather and I usually just walked there whenever I had to go. From Liberty Village, its much harder to leave and get back, whether you use transit or drive.

Thank you for this. Liberty Village is definitely behind the other 2 for me because of commuting to work, but am still keeping it open as a possibility.

Back