6.8K     2 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.5K     4 

The Mystery Tunnel near Rexall Centre

Johnny Au

Member Bio
Reaction score
Near the North York, York, & Old Toronto tripoint
It is unusual UT didn't have a thread about the mystery tunnel discovered near the Rexall Centre in York University.

Read here: http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...with-mystery-tunnel-near-york-university.html

The tunnel is not actually a tunnel. It is a 10-metre long bunker-like underground structure and its entrance is camouflaged.

Theo Moudakis of the Toronto Star drew this cartoon about the mystery tunnel:

FrtGLbD.jpg

Clearly it explains the delays in the YUS extension.....instead of cut and cover they tried that new method called trial and error tunnelling.....if/when we thaw out they may find hundreds of these.

Clearly it explains the delays in the YUS extension.....instead of cut and cover they tried that new method called trial and error tunnelling.....if/when we thaw out they may find hundreds of these.

My hunch is that Mammolitti is taking the Finch subway into his own hands.

A dedicated thread probably wasn't necessary. We have the Pan Am Games thread for that.
I read the Pan Am thread and it mentioned nothing of the tunnel. I posted this thread in the Transportation and Infrastructure forum, because a tunnel is infrastructure, regardless of who built it or why it is built.

We have a culprit.

[video=youtube;DdJdR3NyRSw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdJdR3NyRSw[/video]

I haven't been following the story but immediately i wondered if some crazy dug it as a place to rape students. There was a movie (i think "lovely bones") where the rapist uses a hole in the ground. Either I have watched too many movies or have read too many York university rape reports.

Yes, I did miss it (I am sleepy). Mods, please merge this thread with the Pan Am thread then.
Why? The police have indicated they don't think the tunnel is linked to the games. Even if someone detonated something in there, it's way too far from any of the tennis courts to do anything. I don't think it's even going in the right direction to get to them.

Though perhaps the topic should be in the general discussion.

Fits into the "oh my gawd what are the terrorists planning" post-millennial angst I suppose, not sure how the poppy and rosary fits into that.

AoD

Interesting this has made headlines around the world :D

My guess would be some crazy doomsday cult built it.

Back