innsertnamehere

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2015/ey/bgrd/backgroundfile-75088.pdf

Picture 11.png

Picture 12.png

Looks Kirkor.

Large retail development facing the Queensway and two 22 and 27 floor condos in behind. First phase is the retail, second the condos.

Attachments

• Picture 11.png
    Picture 11.png
    140.2 KB · Views: 3,082
  • Picture 12.png
    Picture 12.png
    243.2 KB · Views: 2,728
Last edited:
This is immediately east of Remington's IQ Condos and park development, and the second block west of the huge flagship Queensway Cineplex.

Isn't there already a Sobey's at Kipling/Queensway? Is something happening to that plaza as well?

With the next 2 IQ phases going in and now this along with smaller infill projects like Hive, someone really needs to start talking up a Queensway streetcar. The Queensway bus is terrible.

That bus comes every 20 minutes at best, usually every half hour. The Queensway won't be viable for a streetcar without more than just these developments.

You also have the full redevelopment of the entire block across from Sherway that includes Chapters and the old Sherway Cineplex cinemas. There's a database file for the first 2 towers proposed at the NW corner of Queensway and North Queen.

Line 2 to Sherway and Queen streetcar to Sherway. Someday.

What buildings are going to be demolished at Queensway/North Queen to make way for these towers?

And yes, this area needs better transit (at least bump up the 80 Queensway bus from every 30min to 15).

A connection to Sherway alone would make a Queen streetcar extension/new route from Humber Loop viable in my opinion and would compliment a future West Mall/ Sherway subway extension if they were to link up there. In the meantime, improving the bus headway would probably encourage more people to take it. I avoid taking that bus at all costs knowing sometimes I'll be waiting 30+ minutes for it. Change is a-comin' to south Etobicoke and we need to start thinking about accommodating it with transit before it happens.

A connection to Sherway alone would make a Queen streetcar extension/new route from Humber Loop viable in my opinion and would compliment a future West Mall/ Sherway subway extension if they were to link up there. In the meantime, improving the bus headway would probably encourage more people to take it. I avoid taking that bus at all costs knowing sometimes I'll be waiting 30+ minutes for it. Change is a-comin' to south Etobicoke and we need to start thinking about accommodating it with transit before it happens.
A subway extension to Sherway would change the game. Currently, all TTC riders are focused on going north / south towards Kipling, Islington, or Royal York subway stations. This is why the Queensway bus is not well used, and also why it has such poor headways. A Queensway bus that fed into a subway station would probably change travel patterns significantly.

What is the plan for the Kipling / Gardner interchange? I've never heard about that project.

Last edited:
It would be a city of Toronto project and not one from MTO, so yes, I am interested in it. Probably and old rebuild plan from before downloading that the city wants to use to modernize the interchange (Mind you there are many more interchanges owned by the city that need work more urgently).

A subway extension to Sherway would change the game. Currently, all TTC riders are focused on going north / south towards Kipling, Islington, or Royal York subway stations. This is why the Queensway bus is not well used, and also why it has such poor headways. A Queensway bus that fed into a subway station would probably change travel patterns significantly.

The Queensway bus connects with the subway at Keele.

The Queensway bus connects with the subway at Keele.

Fair enough. But I would say that most people in Etobicoke south of Bloor / Dundas and west of the Humber River, are using the Kipling, Islington, or Royal York buses to head to the subway.

I guess what I was trying to say is that a Queensway bus that fed into a subway station/GO station at Sherway Gardens would probably change travel patterns significantly for those along the Queensway.

Last edited:

What is the plan for the Kipling / Gardner interchange? I've never heard about that project.

Gardiner Expressway improvements from 427 to Park Lawn:
http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2011/pw/bgrd/backgroundfile-41085.pdf

Back