News   Mar 28, 2024
 94     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 557     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 357     0 

2015 Federal Election

Eve Adams wants to run against Joe Oliver in Eglinton-Lawrence. As much as the want what Soudas knows for the campaign, the Liberals would be idiots to run here there. No ties to the riding whatsoever, and Oliver, while beatable, will be a formidable challenge than any other Conservative MP in Toronto.

Eve Adams wants to run against Joe Oliver in Eglinton-Lawrence. As much as the want what Soudas knows for the campaign, the Liberals would be idiots to run here there. No ties to the riding whatsoever, and Oliver, while beatable, will be a formidable challenge than any other Conservative MP in Toronto.

Or genius to run her there.

Oliver is a good challenger, and could likely win the seat in the absence of a well known Liberal candidate. A Liberal loss here could just be considered a write off, and a win-win situation.

Trudeau gets the media coverage pertaining to the jumping of ship, gets some inside information from Soudas/Adams, and doesn't really need to worry if Adam's is elected or not (She's a pretty divisive figure in the Liberal folds).

Well, as incredulous as Adams' on air denouncement of the current government, it is certainly heartening to see them willing to do what it takes to win the election. Given the competition, you certainly don't win by being "nice" (other than in a fluffy, telegenic sort of way), and as if there was any doubt that this is always about Soudas.

AoD

Because of Michael Ignatieff, I ended up voting Conservative in the last election. I just couldn't back him. This time around, I just can't stand Harper. I figure that the GTA will go to the Liberals and NDP again.

I just hope that Harper loses or gets a minority government. The thought of him having another majority scares me.

Also, why does PEI get four MP's when they have less people than some GTA ridings?

Last edited:
Have you seen the new map for Spadina-Fort York? I live in St Lawrence Market but am no longer Toronto Centre. Who dreamed these things up? Would it not have made more sense to cut Toronto Centre's top off and have it as part of University Rosedale? As it stands people on different sides of the Esplanade are going to have different candidates as well as polling stations.

http://www.elections.ca/content.aspx?section=res&dir=cir/maps2/ontario&document=index&lang=e

Even though Dion wasn't the Liberal leader in the last federal election?

Democracy!

Sorry, I meant to say Michael Ignatieff, but was thinking of a previous election where I also didn't like the leader. I just couldn't get behind him.

One big reason why I don't like Harper now is because of his treatment of veterans. He has spent $700,000 in taxpayer money fighting lawsuits from them.

Last edited:
Some local races to keep an eye on:

Etobicoke-Centre: Former Liberal MP Borys Wrzesnewskyj lost by 26 votes to Conservative MP Ted Opitz 2011 and will run again. I believe he is the only Toronto Liberal MP who lost in 2011 and is trying to reclaim his/her seat in 2015.

Scarborough Southwest: Liberals have reportedly approached Chief Bill Blair to run against the NDP incumbent in Scarborough Southwest. http://www.insidetoronto.com/news-s...-liberal-nomination-in-scarborough-southwest/

Scarborough North: A new riding where former TDSB Chair Shaun Chen will run against Scarborough Rouge River NDP incumbent Rathika Sitsabaiesan.

Toronto Centre: Linda McQuaig, who ran for the NDP in the by-election against winner Chrystia Freeland, will run again in the reconfigured Toronto Centre riding. This time she's running against former CD Howe honcho Bill Morneau for the Liberals.

University-Rosedale: Toronto Centre incumbent Chrystia Freeland will run in the new downtown riding against NDP candidate Jennifer Hollett, a former Much Music VJ and Olivia Chow staffer.

I will be curious to see how much Atlantic Canada rejects Harper, as that area has gone very Liberal. The Newfoundland provincial government is holding off calling an election because they know how badly they will lose.

There should be a Liberal shift in the region. The Tories can likely say goodbye to their 1 PEI seat. In Nova Scotia, Bill Casey the former popular MP who used to be a Tory is running for the Liberals in Colchester. None of their Nova Scotia seats are safe, except maybe Peter MacKay in Central Nova. The Tories do have some safe seats in rural New Brunswick, but the cities of Fredericton, Moncton and Saint John are likely to fall to the Liberals.

I am thoroughly sick of the big 3, I so want May to really nail them but most voters still think a vote for the green party is a wasted vote

I fully expect my MP (Roxanne James) to lose. To be quite honest, I never heard of her doing a thing in Ottawa.

Back