News   Apr 18, 2024
 705     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 6.4K     2 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.5K     4 

Prizm Postal Code profiling

Interesting. Slightly amusing. I give it 0 out of 5 in the scientific value and merit category. But I'll give it 1 star out of 5 for entertainment. :p

Not a lot of responses/comments about this in this thread but it looks like the Globe and Mail picked up on this Environics study just the other day:

In Canada, you are where you live, population profiles say

It looks like they've expanded their profiles somewhat since I last looked at it...and not particularly in a meaningful way. They seem to be even more specific than before with their generalizations. Still good for 'poops and giggles' though. :p

Here is an updated link to the postal code lookup page: http://www.environicsanalytics.ca/prizm5

What I will say about the G&M write-up is that there is some truth in their title, as I do find many do associate people with the neighborhood they live in.

Last edited:
I had looked a few years ago and my postal code (in East York) was an ethnic area. Now we are in Street Scenes which is not really appropriate because this is not a neighbourhood for singles and we have no good shopping and are not close to entertainment.

I tried it out and found it surprisingly believable, except when it started to reach a little by predicting that the favourite pass time for my neighbours was attending film festivals and playing tennis.

Back