News   Apr 19, 2024
 372     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 569     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 949     3 

Audi Midtown & Porsche North Toronto (243-255 Consumers Rd, 6s, Teeple Architects)

taal

Member Bio
Reaction score
There seems to be a building under construction right at the north east corner of the 404/401 intersection, in the office complex, anyone have any idea what is being built here ?

car dealership

Damn, was hoping for an office building, of course I didn't think so as I couldn't find any news about it. Thanks !

Hmmm, that's kind of boring. :p Hopefully it's a nice-looking car dealership!

It'll be Toronto's flagship Audi dealership to rival the BMW and Mercedes buildings that you see while driving along the DVP.

It'll be Toronto's flagship Audi dealership to rival the BMW and Mercedes buildings that you see while driving along the DVP.

Some time ago I heard that Agincourt Autohaus at Warden and Sheppard was closing/moving. Perhaps that is where they are going which would explain what I had heard. I suspect if that is true, the Audi Property aat Bay Mills as well as the strip plaza to the west would be looked at or is currently being looked at for residential development. The Kia dealership across the street is slated to become a mix of Condo/Townhouses.

Proposal for a 3 storey Porsche Dealership beside this one popped up in the January community council agenda.

Near the Consumers Rd Audi dealer. It'll be on Yorkland near the 401 and 404.

re: Audi

Looks pretty interesting to me - on another note, the now deputy mayor DWM was against it:

http://www.insidetoronto.com/news-story/2536565-flagship-audi-dealership-bound-for-north-york/

And of course, this is pure gold:

Jim McFarlane, vice-president of nearby Total Credit Recovery Limited, whose head office is at 225 Yorkland Blvd., said the dealership is inappropriate for the area.

“We’re taking opposition to this development proposal,” he said.

He is “disappointed with the approach of the city to date” for allowing new types of companies to encroach into the traditional business park.

Arguing Total Credit Recovery has spent millions of dollars upgrading its property since the 1980s, McFarlane said a car dealership would “deteriorate” the business park because it is not compatible with the area, would increase traffic and would adversely affect his staff.

But York Centre Councillor James Pasternak was left scratching his head, saying he doesn’t understand how a dealership could negatively impact the staff at Total Debt Recovery.

“They’re making phone calls trying to get money from people,” he said. “I’m missing (something).

AoD

na1SZp9.png

re: Audi

Looks pretty interesting to me - on another note, the now deputy mayor DWM was against it:

http://www.insidetoronto.com/news-story/2536565-flagship-audi-dealership-bound-for-north-york/

And of course, this is pure gold:

AoD

I find that fairly entertaining, I don't see a huge issue as its fairly dense and probably employees quite a few folks. With that said, more pure office use is clearly ideally but there hasn't been such a project in this area in over 20 years.

I find that fairly entertaining, I don't see a huge issue as its fairly dense and probably employees quite a few folks. With that said, more pure office use is clearly ideally but there hasn't been such a project in this area in over 20 years.

Indeed - a well design facility right up against the 401 would be a bonus to this declinng node. I just find Pasternak's jibe really funny and to the point.

AoD

Back