Toronto 55 Eglinton East | 177.7m | 50s | State Building Group | Kirkor Architects

Automation Gallery

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Another small office bldg. to bite the dust:eek:

55 EGLINTON AVE E
Ward 22 - Tor & E.York District

Proposal for a 47 storey condominum building with a retail ground floor and a total of 455 residential units with 6 levels of underground parking
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---
Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Rezoning 14 268618 STE 22 OZ Dec 30, 2014 Under Review

I am in that building on a semi-regular basis, and the interior spaces are in pretty rough condition. Won't be too sad to see it go.

I am in that building on a semi-regular basis, and the interior spaces are in pretty rough condition. Won't be too sad to see it go.

Right, it's old crappy space, still I'd hope it's replaced with newer modern office space.

It was old and decrepit when I worked there in the early 90s. No great loss, except for the office space of course.

So I have been keeping the OP of the Midtown Toronto thread updated. This is the 30th site in the Midtown area I have listed. Here is a map:

uWtcBQG.png

Yonge and Eglinton won't ever be the same. This is a heck of a lot of density coming to the area.

Last edited:
Interesting that both State and Madison, who on Tuesday presented two incredible proposals for sites in the core, feel that the rest of the city is disposable enough to hire the worst firm in the GTA to vomit up dreck like this.

Is there anything else at Yonge & Eg with a density of 23.8x lot size? Also, this has no replacement office space. What a waste of time. Why does a developer even bother? Do they really think the city will rubber stamp this? Sometimes "the game" just doesn't make any sense to me.

Back