332     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 720     1 

micro condos

asiancolossus

Member Bio
Reaction score
scan0010.jpg

This is a studio condo that is definitely classified as a micro-condo 352 square feet with 52 feet balcony.
I think the layout is pretty awesome for such a small space as it is rectangular and no wasted space.
Although many on the board will probably have their issues with such small condos, can you comment on the space itself? I think if one did a Murphy bed with a wall unit on the wall next to the washer/dryer and put a tv next to the small window, it could be quite livable for a single.
Thanks

Attachments

• scan0010.jpg
    scan0010.jpg
    383.1 KB · Views: 3,284
I'd push the kitchen over to the window and have the w/d next to the dishwasher. No wall between the closet/laundry room, and continue on with the sliding mirror doors to look uniform. The bathroom would benefit from a sliding door as well.

I'd push the kitchen over to the window and have the w/d next to the dishwasher. No wall between the closet/laundry room, and continue on with the sliding mirror doors to look uniform. The bathroom would benefit from a sliding door as well.

I agree Josef, thanks, especially about the part about the sliding doors on the washroom. There was a big space next to the toilet which seems to be a waste. As for the laundry, I think there is not enough room to move it over to the kitchen area but it would be great to get some extra space in the living room (which is already tight given its a micro condo)

Since i. Am not able to start a new thread i thought id ask for your opinions on this micro condo unit in x2. Its called the lancaster.
How does one place furniture to best utilize the 463sq.ft. and make this unit liveable? !

Since i. Am not able to start a new thread i thought id ask for your opinions on this micro condo unit in x2. Its called the lancaster.
How does one place furniture to best utilize the 463sq.ft. and make this unit liveable? !

it would help if you posted the floorplan so we don't have to search for it.

I agree Josef, thanks, especially about the part about the sliding doors on the washroom. There was a big space next to the toilet which seems to be a waste. As for the laundry, I think there is not enough room to move it over to the kitchen area but it would be great to get some extra space in the living room (which is already tight given its a micro condo)

I don't know why there's a full sized dishwasher in there. A compact 18" wide unit would do just fine and a two burner stove instead of a 4 burner would save space too. I can't imagine anyone living in this unit will be cooking for a dinner party. Many of the units at INDX has two burner stoves which makes a lot of sense for a lot of households as most will never use all 4 burners at once. That should allow for plenty of space to move the washer and dryer in to the kitchen.

I agree with the sliding door. I never liked bathroom doors opening outwards, not only that, it blocks the entry when open.
The plan overall has a lot of potential for a very efficient furniture layout. I could see a small desk built into the nook where the window is -- a TV on a double hinged arm wall mount could allow the TV to be moved over the desk to use as a computer monitor or it could be swung over to the wall next to the patio door to watch TV from the rest of the room. Furniture from Resource Furniture would make it a really livable space.

View attachment 39540

This is a studio condo that is definitely classified as a micro-condo 352 square feet with 52 feet balcony.
I think the layout is pretty awesome for such a small space as it is rectangular and no wasted space.
Although many on the board will probably have their issues with such small condos, can you comment on the space itself? I think if one did a Murphy bed with a wall unit on the wall next to the washer/dryer and put a tv next to the small window, it could be quite livable for a single.
Thanks

I've had this type of condo before and you almost need to treat it like a hotel. If you have any kind of furniture, it makes it hard to arrange the space. :eek:

I don't know why there's a full sized dishwasher in there. A compact 18" wide unit would do just fine and a two burner stove instead of a 4 burner would save space too. I can't imagine anyone living in this unit will be cooking for a dinner party. Many of the units at INDX has two burner stoves which makes a lot of sense for a lot of households as most will never use all 4 burners at once. That should allow for plenty of space to move the washer and dryer in to the kitchen.

I agree with the sliding door. I never liked bathroom doors opening outwards, not only that, it blocks the entry when open.
The plan overall has a lot of potential for a very efficient furniture layout. I could see a small desk built into the nook where the window is -- a TV on a double hinged arm wall mount could allow the TV to be moved over the desk to use as a computer monitor or it could be swung over to the wall next to the patio door to watch TV from the rest of the room. Furniture from Resource Furniture would make it a really livable space.

I agree about the appliances in a mirco condo. I have seen full sized fridges in tiny kitchens and there is no counter space - surely it would have made more sense to have a small fridge and stove, thereby freeing up more counter space. I also think the developers miss an opportunity by having the washer dryer in the hallway. I remember seeing one where they were in the bathroom, which made more sense to me especially if they ever leak. In England they have combined washers/spin dryers in the kitchen!

Wow!, yeah I'm surprised they didn't try to avoid having hallways like that in such small units. I do like that they honestly depict the sofa bed.

Back