550     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 843     0 

Favicon

MetroMan

Member Bio
Reaction score
UT's Apple Touch Icon

Hey Ed, you should consider adding a UT icon for Apple's devices.

Right now, you're unbranded:

8YxOv4r.png

If you save a site to your iPhone or iPad's home screen, the icon takes a place in your apps.

It's a pretty straightforward addition according to Apple's support document:

https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/AppleApplications/Reference/SafariWebContent/ConfiguringWebApplications/ConfiguringWebApplications.html

You create an icon (preferably 152x152) and add this code to your CSS:

HTML:
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="/custom_icon.png">

Last edited:
According to my webmaster this is a Safari 8 issue because we have one already.

It's not an issue per se. It's a feature available to websites to serve an icon that will display on all Apple products. That's all Macs, all iPhones, all iPads and all iPods. Right now, you're unbranded on all those devices, given a generic icon instead.

I originally named this thread "favicon" but it was the incorrect name. UT indeed has a favicon, but not an Apple Touch Icon.

With the new forum, the icon has changed from an empty one to the one representing XenForo. It should be easy to change it now. Just find the icon image and replace it with the UT logo. The code is already set up.

hiSI9K8.png

Weird. We're seeing the UT one.

Are you using Safari on a Mac, iPhone or iPad? I'm sure if you search through the forum's image assets, you'll find the xenForo logo in a few different sizes. If you replace those with the UT logo, you should be good.

Back