News   Apr 16, 2024
 448     3 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 810     1 

Pleasure Valley

yyzhyd

Member Bio
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right section. If not, mods please move accordingly.

Looking for some information on a place called "Pleasure Valley"... not the one in Uxbridge.
This was in the city IIRC, it was part of regular school trips in the late 70s early 80s. If my visual references are correct the entrance was off a residential street and there was a steep road down to the valley. I have tried Google without success.

Hopefully someone here has heard of this place or has a recollection. Would appreciate any information on this, precise location it was located at, maps, pictures etc.
Thanks in advance.

Not sure if this is the right section. If not, mods please move accordingly.

Looking for some information on a place called "Pleasure Valley"... not the one in Uxbridge.
This was in the city IIRC, it was part of regular school trips in the late 70s early 80s. If my visual references are correct the entrance was off a residential street and there was a steep road down to the valley. I have tried Google without success.

Hopefully someone here has heard of this place or has a recollection. Would appreciate any information on this, precise location it was located at, maps, pictures etc.
Thanks in advance.

Forest Valley? Though I think I recall a trip to an outdoor education centre run by North York Board of Education - now TDSB.

No, I think I remember Pleasure Valley. There was a crappy lake and some crappy canoes and kayaks. It was a grade 6 trip if I remember correctly.

Edit* Probably the one in Uxbridge now that I think about it.

Wow! Thanks everyone really appreciate the help!

I think it was indeed Forest Valley as the Google street view seems to confirm my visual recollection.
However, I distinctly remember the teachers used to call it Pleasure Valley back in the day... 1970s

Remember the school trips were often timed with the Maple Syrup festival.

Yes, school camp trips, they were interesting times for some. I remember grade 6 we went to the Island Natural science school for like a week, that was really cool! Orienteering, going up in the lighthouse, taking the temperature of a huge compost pile, and riding an old TTC bus around the island. Then in junior high we went to camp Tawingo. Lets just say that that trip could rather be forgotten.

Yes, school camp trips, they were interesting times for some. I remember grade 6 we went to the Island Natural science school for like a week, that was really cool! Orienteering, going up in the lighthouse, taking the temperature of a huge compost pile, and riding an old TTC bus around the island. Then in junior high we went to camp Tawingo. Lets just say that that trip could rather be forgotten.

Island school of natural science, the summer between grade 6 and 7, been there and it was a good trip for sure, good memories.

ours was Sheldon valley north west of the city somewhere.....
my son went last year with a 35 year gap in between he and I......

Back