News   Mar 28, 2024
 566     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 863     0 

Good Condominium Management Companies

urbanoverview

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm looking for a new condominium management company is there anyone who can suggest a couple of companies that they like or consider really good?

We live in a unit that is a few months old and our heat pump exploded—we had 2 inches of water in our unit. All the floors are currently being ripped out and replaced while some personal belongings were damaged.

The building is NOT registered and the builder has confirmed it was a trades error (incorrectly installed heat pump). Is the builder liable for the damages (hotel costs, food costs, hydro (to dry the unit))?

I was told it's their responsibility since the building is not registered so I thought I’d get legal advice as they are saying they “may” cover any costs we incur. We don't feel we should go through insurance since this was a trade's error and not an accident. We are renters (if that matters).

How important would you say it is for a company to appear on this list?

The Association of Condominium Managers of Ontario

http://www.acmo.org/acmo-2000/acmo-2000-firms/
ACMO is the 'trade association' of the condo management industry and offers CE and other services. - ACMO 2000 is their registration process for PM Companies which meet certain standards. ACMO also award the RCM (Registered Condo Manager) designation to those individuals who pass the necessary exams. I would find it odd (and worth querying) if a company were not a member of ACMO and also certified as ACMO2000. Under the recent revisions to the Condo Act all managers will need to be registered after 2017 (?) but at present there are no real qualifications required.

Thanks -- I was curious about a company that does not appear on that list (Andrejs Management). Can't find much in the amount of credible reviews and testimonials, but appearing on this list might have given me some comfort.

ACMO is the 'trade association' of the condo management industry and offers CE and other services. - ACMO 2000 is their registration process for PM Companies which meet certain standards. ACMO also award the RCM (Registered Condo Manager) designation to those individuals who pass the necessary exams. I would find it odd (and worth querying) if a company were not a member of ACMO and also certified as ACMO2000. Under the recent revisions to the Condo Act all managers will need to be registered after 2017 (?) but at present there are no real qualifications required.

I can't say with 100% certainty that this is true but I have been told that many qualified RCMs are now flocking to the bigger companies (Brookfield, Del etc.) because they are concerned that the smaller companies will collapse or be taken over once all PMs have to have RCM designations. Not all do. The demand for good PMs far exceeds the supply.

have experience with MTCC and FirstService. Very impressed with MTCC and not really with FirstService.

Back