androiduk

Member Bio
Reaction score
Application: Demolition Folder (DM) Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5A 2V1

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 14 238535 DEM 00 DM Accepted Date: Oct 16, 2014

Project: Multiple Use/Non Residential Demolition

Description: To demolish the existing four storey multi use buidling.

Capture53.JPG

Attachments

• Capture53.JPG
    Capture53.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 13,846
I see a leasing plan for that the building is 100% empty I believe, but I'm not sure why they'd demolish .. ! Are we sure its a development proposal ?

Demolition has started. Hoarding on the street, machines on the roof removed, bricks at top of facade taken off, and today, windows are coming out.

Good, I very happy with most of the facade retnetions so far, but its time to dial it back a bit.

Any idea who owns this and what hte plan is ?

What? A beautiful Edwardian warehouse is being obliterated? Surely whatever site this will come to be would have more value with the facade retained.

53 Ontario Dec5-2014.jpg

No idea what the plan is, can't find anything online, didn't see any development/proposal signs the other day when I walked that way.

Attachments

• 53 Ontario Dec5-2014.jpg
    53 Ontario Dec5-2014.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 7,202
Last edited:
can't they repurpose the building?
There are so many empty lots in downtown east to "develop".

53 Ontario Dec9-2014.jpg

Sparks flying this morning! Still no signage down there as to proposals. A friend of mine in the area who is also curious as to possible plans connected with Pam McConnell's office yesterday, so if/when he hears back I might be able to offer more than just pictures of demolition.

Attachments

• 53 Ontario Dec9-2014.jpg
    53 Ontario Dec9-2014.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 6,793
I don't know if this is the project because I have a client whose farther is an Architect and supposedly they are launching something at 55 Ontario St. I don't know if this is the specific project but basically she has access through Friends and Family and she will be getting pricing and floor plans this Thursday. All I know is that the Architect for the project is Peter Clews who works for Architect Alliance. Will update you guys this week as I'm sure it must be this project. They not even launching to VIP Brokers for a while and Public Launch Should be around March/April.

Project to be named '55East'

Taking a lot of care in disassembling this building.

Few years ago, I remember reading of an addition planned for 49 Ontario. 55East makes sense although have to wonder why now instead of when they are ready to build.

Back