News   Mar 28, 2024
 308     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 678     0 

King Highline (Liberty Village/Queen West) Proposal

Tuscani01

Member Bio
Reaction score
Has anyone seen this? The website has a pretty neat video on the concept.

Seamlessly Integrated

As a direct link between Liberty Village and West Queen West across King St. West and over the Georgetown rail corridor, the King High Line will be seamlessly integrated into the surrounding communities.

Connecting Our Communities

The King High will connect the neighbourhoods of Parkdale, Liberty Village, West Queen West, and King Street West - and connect you to the sights, sounds, services and shops in your now neighbouring communities.

Community Green Space

With comfortable seating and extended community green space, the King High Line will enhance the pedestrian and cycling experience and change the commuter choices of our neighbourhoods.

http://kinghighline.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0JMGU7J3Tg

Aw, I thought it'd be an elevated streetcar line - which I'd fully support. But this is still pretty cool.

Looks like it runs on the same path as the West Toronto Rail Path Extension (Phase 2)

So .. that doesn't make much sense to me.

I wonder if the proponents behind this can goad or embarrass Urbancorp into actually finishing the signature element in their otherwise-falsely-advertised 'Bridge Condos'...

Bridge_Condominiums_.jpg

Attachments

• Bridge_Condominiums_.jpg
    Bridge_Condominiums_.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 1,130
Who has been paying for the PATH connections currently going in toward Queens Quay? The developers, the City or a combination?

There is also the question of when Metrolinx will be okay with any such constructions - I seem to remember that when the shenanigans were going on at Toronto Council about proceeding with the Fort York Pedestrian Bridge had some sort of "window" that if it wasn't built by a certain point that Metrolinx would have a say over when the next window would open for it.

Who has been paying for the PATH connections currently going in toward Queens Quay? The developers, the City or a combination?

There is also the question of when Metrolinx will be okay with any such constructions - I seem to remember that when the shenanigans were going on at Toronto Council about proceeding with the Fort York Pedestrian Bridge had some sort of "window" that if it wasn't built by a certain point that Metrolinx would have a say over when the next window would open for it.

Perhaps that "window" referred to the having the bridge's opening coincide with the War of 1812 commemoration?

It's Urbancorp and First Capital Realty

i.e. the two companies that basically own everything around the highline

Back