News   Mar 28, 2024
 620     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 898     0 

100 Lies of Ford

StatGeek

Member Bio
Reaction score
This weekend I discussed with some friends about how the Fords lie all the time, about everything, political, personally, and also over the dumbest stuff. We went around the table remembering a lie and went at least 40 deep before somebody ran out of idea. I think this site can do better. Lets list the lies of Ford (either Ford). Some ground rules. a) Maximum 3 lies per post. b) no double post, when you post allow somebody else come with the next lie/post to give everybody a chance. c) try not to repeat a lie some other poster said. d) Try to write down confirmed lie. e) number each lie. Here are my three examples

#1 "I have not smoked crack" Rob Ford, a personal lie. Let's start with a classic, photo evidence that he did that he ended up admitting.

#2 "The Scarborough LRT will tear up the roads" Both Fords, political lie. No truth in this as the LRT will have it's own separate path

#3 "There are small little markets in the NFL, like Jacksonville, that are struggling, that can barely crack 20,000 a game" Doug Ford in a WTF would you lie about this lie. Reality Jacksonville Jaguars of the NFL averaged 63,000 a game. Ford NFL lie I always liked this lie, because there is no purpose for it but for Doug to ALWAYS needs to exaggerate everything to make a point.

Both Fords are trying to take credit for the 10km underground tunnel being dug right now on Eglinton for the Crosstown LRT.

Rob claimed during two interviews that "others" wanted it to be on the surface the whole way, but because of him, it's underground west of Laird.

Doug repeated this claim during the debate tonight, and was called out for it by Tory.

REALITY: Eglinton LRT has always had an underground tunnel from Keele to Laird. Rob and Doug Ford had nothing to do with that. Nobody advocated for that central section to be on the surface, and there has never been a plan for that section to be at the surface.

This is a blatant lie and an attempt to re-write history.

Rob Ford promised a large network of new subways would be operational by 2015 in the electoral campaign that brought him to power. Not a single new subway materialised during that timeframe, but he then claimed in his 2014 campaign that he had successfully delivered what he had originally promised, and that he would 'run on his record' of 'a promise made, a promise kept'.

201112-ford-subways.jpg

Attachments

• 201112-ford-subways.jpg
    201112-ford-subways.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 523
Last edited:
R Ford stated Deco had 100M in sales...last reported year (2012) as noted by Cdn Graphic Pkg 36M

D Ford not beholden to lobbyists...please explain RR Donnelly/Moore Canada and Apollo

R Ford doesn't use city paid assistants in his football coeching enterprises...too much documentation to cite just one example

R Ford/D Dale confrontation...R Ford's abject apology holding harmless D Dale

D Ford/ B Blair issue..again a public apology D Ford in the wrong

Rob Ford promised a large network of new subways would be operational by 2015 in the electoral campaign that brought him to power. Not a single new subway materialised during that timeframe, but he then claimed in his 2014 campaign that he had successfully delivered what he had originally promised, and that he would 'run on his record' of 'a promise made, a promise kept'.

And one he keeps claiming he "has built" (even though it hasn't even started construction), the McCowan Danforth extension, was spearheaded by to Stintz, DeBaermaker, and the provincial Liberals.

His transit plan in 2010:
http://www.blogto.com/city/2011/12/remember_rob_fords_transportation_plan/

Hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........man, this one kills me.

How about the Sugar beach/public washroom episode. He loved criticizing the $600k pricetag for the washroom (over 2 years later) but, though he was on the board, he did nothing to stop it. When asked why he didn't use whatever influence he may have had at the time, he denied ever sitting on the Waterfront board. Which is a lie. He was appointed by council at the Dec/10 council meeting and held the position until Dec/12. The washroom opened May/12.

R Ford/D Dale confrontation...R Ford's abject apology holding harmless D Dale

Great examples overall guys, keep them coming. I really like the LRT 30 years, subways 100 years. Whats extra awesome about that is that he said that while subway were closed for long periods of time for updating. Which of course nobody confronts him with that. The D Dale thing was a great one as well, because there was like half a dozen lies in the one incident. You can do a bunch of sub-lies during that whole ordeal.

#14 "D Dale was IN my backyard", a lie about somebody else. When more details came out, Ford even admit that Dale was outside the property yet he continued when talking about the incident uses the term "IN my backyard" which was never the case

#15 "We have security tape of Dale looking into the backyard". Out of all of Ford's lies I found this most disturbing. Ford went to the media and all the way police station claiming he had the security tape to prove it. The last second the authorities said there no proof of it. Why did the Ford's think was going to happen when it was time to she the tape? Did they think the TPS would frame Dale. What in there history would make Ford's think that. That's a major story that should have be followed up more.

#16 "Dale could have taken pictures of my kids" the Conrad Black interview. This quote I think was would make Dale when his lawsuit. Ford claimed he was in the house with his kids helping them with their homework (i would venture to guess that's another lie lol) but he said himself he knew the kids were indoors so how on earth could be concerned about photos being taken in that moment?

#17 “We’ve saved the taxpayers over a billion dollars.”
#18 “The people elected me with the largest mandate in Canada’s history, and they just stripped my powers.”
#19 “I’ve showed up every day to work for the last 13 years straight as an arrow.”
#20 “There’s not one time, Peter – not one time – you’ll ever see me stealing a dime of taxpayers’ money. Ever.”
#21 “Never. I’ve never, ever been drunk and driven.”
#22 'We've had the lowest tax increases of any major city in North America'
#23 “I have no problem with the gay Pride parade whatsoever.” (Doug)
#24 “We passed every single budget with flying colours. That’s how you build consensus.” (Doug)
#25 “This administration was the only administration that I can think of in recent memory that actually reduced rent for 160,000 residents that rent.” (Doug - this is actually happening because of an initiative started by Miller).
#26 “Tourism under Miller was under 9 million hotel rooms. Every single year it went up. And we just set a record at 13.5 million hotel rooms.” (Doug)
#27 “Remember down at the waterfront, folks, they built the outhouse for seven, eight-thousand dollars?” (Doug)
#28 “We’ve created — Rob, myself, and this administration — has created more jobs in this city than has been created in 20 years. We created 58,000 jobs.” And: “Over 30 years, there has never been an administration that has created
58,000 jobs. No one has ever done that.” (Doug)

29. The entire trip to LA on the basis of promoting Toronto's film industry (Rob and Doug)

30. Doug possessing a so called rap sheet for the group home he slandered

31. Doug Ford's supposedly bashed in car window.

32. Doug's donation of his salary (may not be a lie, but he's certainly never proved it wasn't)

33. Rob was not drunk at the Danforth (later admitted it)

34. Rob claiming he was never at the Leaf's game where he verbally attacked an out of town couple (proven that he was definitely there and definitely said what they alleged)

35. Rob claimed the money for the Sugar Beach umbrellas and rock were spent while he was away at rehab. Hoping to paint city council in a negative light. The beach was actually completed in August 2010, before he even became mayor.

36. In the debate last night, Doug claimed that he went to to TCHC to talk to the residents too. To the best of my knowledge, this is a lie.

37. The various unproven bomb threats. I mean seriously, if they had happened, wouldn't the police have arrested someone by now?

38. In a reference letter to the courts, Rob claimed that Sandro Lisi worked on his 2010 campaign. Doug who was his campaign manager "had never met him" before all of the crack drama. If Rob is telling the truth, Doug is lying. However, there is also no evidence that Rob is telling the truth about Lisi working on the 2010 campaign, I believe they are both lying.

Back