News   Mar 18, 2024
 634     0 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 743     0 

Anyone subscribe to the Globe and Mail? Thoughts?

Admiral Beez

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
I've been reading the G&M for free online for ages, and now am considering subscribing. Their new Android Tablet app seems to be way better than the ToStar's. So, does anyone think the G&M is worth paying for?

We subscribe. I couldn't imagine not having the Globe out on the porch in the morning. I have the Globe's iOS app, which is great, but I tend to read the paper copy and scan the web version throughout the day. Can't speak to the Android version because I am not a teenage girl. :)

AoD, what do you mean that the digital version doesn't come complimentary with the print version? Mine does.

I do.

Loved abroad and enjoyed getting proper Canadian news.

Now that I'm back, I still keep the sub. I want the G&M to do well financially, as it's the only Canadian paper I like. It's really more of a $20/mo charitable donation than anything else.

I do.

Loved abroad and enjoyed getting proper Canadian news.

Now that I'm back, I still keep the sub. I want the G&M to do well financially, as it's the only Canadian paper I like. It's really more of a $20/mo charitable donation than anything else.
I've just signed up for the $1.99 26/wk subscription.

I now subscribe to the NYT, Atlantic and the Globe. For the Star I use Outline.com to read the occasional article that's worthy.

You can read The Star for free on the Toronto Public Library site. Ditto the NYT.

I recently got a new TPL card after a 10+ year hiatus. Greatest non-monetary decision I've made in a while. Very happy with their selection of online publications.

I recently got a new TPL card after a 10+ year hiatus. Greatest non-monetary decision I've made in a while. Very happy with their selection of online publications.
Holy cow, I just spent 30 mins on the TPL and Press Reader apps and now have free subscriptions to the NYT, TorStar, WaPo and several motorcycle magazines. I’ve canceled my paid NYT subscription, just in time as it jumps six fold in December

Holy cow, I just spent 30 mins on the TPL and Press Reader apps and now have free subscriptions to the NYT, TorStar, WaPo and several motorcycle magazines. I’ve canceled my paid NYT subscription, just in time as it jumps six fold in December
you can also access all of the star's archives, very interesting reading.

Great timing. Yea, admittedly I've overlooked the TPL for pretty much over a decade until recently. Their online resources are certainly a game changer.

I have the Globe's iOS app, which is great, but I tend to read the paper copy and scan the web version throughout the day. Can't speak to the Android version because I am not a teenage girl. :)

Oh man, I'm a teenage girl? Dope! I didn't know. A well-aged one I suppose since I'm still on my Nexus S from 2010.
This changes everything! Pronoun revolt.

Back