Adjei

Member Bio
Reaction score
The Yorkdale Condominiums

1.jpg

2.jpg

2014_07_25_10_03_39_theyorkdalecondos_rendering2.jpg

Last edited:
Nice ! Lots of potential here. Looking forward to this changing the area ... maybe 10/20 years from now Yorkdale will consider going underground parking wise ... like square one is, and maybe even try for some more office development, no reason this can't be a hub to to speak ..

Nice ! Lots of potential here. Looking forward to this changing the area ... maybe 10/20 years from now Yorkdale will consider going underground parking wise ... like square one is, and maybe even try for some more office development, no reason this can't be a hub to to speak ..

Yorkdale is already building underground parking. Everytime they expand they go underground. It's a big lot so it will take awhile. But I'm sure that within 20 years 70% of the above ground parking will be gone....

Once these condos start getting built im sure we will see more and more development on both dufferin and bathurst. Makes me excited.

I like how this is starting off! By the way, does anyone know if Yorkdale has a south exit to service those new condos? If there is, I've certainly never used it, and can't quite remember what's at that end of the station :).

The buildings should be designed taking the possibility of Allen Road becoming a walkable boulevard in mind. It would be unfortunate if they put blank walls at street level with utilities on the other side only to have the boulevard become a reality. It's the same thing with condos on Queens Quay--most have parking garages lining Lake Shore, which don't make for a great boulevard streetscape.

I like how this is starting off! By the way, does anyone know if Yorkdale has a south exit to service those new condos? If there is, I've certainly never used it, and can't quite remember what's at that end of the station :).
Unfortunately there is no south exit although there are several places it could exist. At the moments it's nimbys stopping a south exit or entrance. It was actually a promise from the government in the design process for Lawrence heights revitalization because the area residents were concerned about too much car traffic. I'd have to look it up where but it frustrated me because the area is becoming more urban and the extra entrance or exit would help significantly.

Do you mean Yorkdale subway station? If yes, then yes, there is a south exit at Ranee Avenue which will be perfect for these buildings. Anyone with a Metropass will be able to walk through the station to get to Yorkdale (as long as they wait half an hour before heading home again I believe).

There is greenspace on the south side of Ranee on both the east and west sides of Allen Road, but that's all about to change as the Lawrence Heights area is totally made over.

More significant parks are also on the north side of Ranee on both the east and west sides of Allen Road, and those will stay.

It's actually rather perverse how much greenspace there is right at the Ranee exit of Yorkdale station, and it makes perfect sense that these buildings will finally take proper advantage of the higher order transit here.

It would be great if there was a bridge/tunnel right into the Ranee avenue entrance to Yorkdale station from this condo building. I've used that exit countless times as a shortcut to my old workplace. There are entrances on both sides of Ranee, with a bridge underneath the highway and subway tracks, and over Ranee.

There is greenspace on the south side of Ranee on both the east and west sides of Allen Road, but that's all about to change as the Lawrence Heights area is totally made over.

More significant parks are also on the north side of Ranee on both the east and west sides of Allen Road, and those will stay.

It's actually rather perverse how much greenspace there is right at the Ranee exit of Yorkdale station, and it makes perfect sense that these buildings will finally take proper advantage of the higher order transit here.

In the original Lawrence heights plan there was suppose to be a condo at the north east side of the street where some green space is. It was cut in order to lower how much they were building in the area. However it's the spot that makes the most sense. Direct connection to York sale and the subway. I'm hoping if we fast forward 20 years that some of the concessions that were made in order to keep the home owners happy in the area will be revisited. The north west side green space has trees though and should probably still remain.

Blocks look enormous. Design looks cool and all but, so far, the development is not doing it for me.

Back