News   Mar 28, 2024
 771     0 

Where do YOU go?

JKDM

Banned
Member Bio
Reaction score
Simple question (maybe) ...

What's/Where's your favourite place to be in the City of Toronto?

Dufferin Mall? Withrow Park? Toronto Zoo? That McDonald's at Dundas West station?

Mine's City Hall.

There's nothing like watching an outrageous meeting LIVE! and in colour to make you feel worse about yourself (and our city's prospects).

I find myself repeatedly visiting two very specific places.

When I'm feeling hipster, I go to Trinity Bellwoods, either to participate in drum circles or have beers and sit and chat in the shade. I now have a dog, so the experience is that much more pleasurable for it. I spend astonishing amounts of time being incredibly lazy, in the best possible way.

When I'm feeling posh and cosmopolitan, I go to the Dineen building, at Yonge and Temperance, either for the coffee shop or for the roof-top patio of The Chase. I love the restoration work on the Dineen Building, and both coffee shop and restaurants exhibit some pretty wonderful interior design. That specific intersection makes me feel like I live in a truly urban place and inadvertently fills me with a very energetic and optimistic sense of enthusiasm.

Last edited:
- E.T.Seton park disc golf course

- walking the Don valley, on the other side of the river from the Lower Don Trail

- cycling down Mt. Pleasant from St. Clair to Bloor, without using the brakes

I go to cemeteries. To malls, Dufferin and Gerrard Plaza. To Allan Gardens. Rarely to Carlton cinema and Church st. Too be frankk, Toronto doesn't have too many places to go. I lived all over Toronto in at least 7locations and I find the best is in walking distance to either mall I mentioned.

The lakefront. Anywhere. Water or die is how I feel. If we were a river city, I would have left years ago.

The lakefront. Anywhere. Water or die is how I feel. If we were a river city, I would have left years ago.

Haha, I totally get this sentiment, though you and I still have a ways to wait until the waterfront is habitable again.

Regarding Toronto not having many places to go... I guess that depends on you definition of what a "destination" is, what you hope to get from being there, and what you plan to do once you arrive.

I like to visit the grave of Her Imperial Highness, the Grand Duchess Olga of Russia in York Cemetery. If I have time, I also drop in on Tim Horton who resides just across the road from her.

For me, you could remove everything in the city other than the used bookstores, comic book shops, & food purveyors and I'd still be happy here.

Back